Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting A Stolen iPhone's IMEI

Alptekin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey.

My phone got stolen 2 weeks ago and it was turned off ever since until yesterday night. In the meantime, I got a new sim from Fido (which I'm guessing deactivates the old one), and I'm using it on a new phone now. However, I would like to blacklist my old device, a XsMax through the IMEI. I called customer care only to learn that they are not operating at the moment. What path should I follow here?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alptekin,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear your phone was stolen. With regards to blacklisting a phone, you should note that you have 60 days within which you can blacklist your phone. You can refer here for additional information.

You might consider re-contacting customer service so they can access your account to blacklist the device. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they have verified some information, they can also access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Alptekin,

You can login to fido.ca and under the quick actions section under my account you will see the report lost or stolen device you can do it there. 

Since you already replaced your phone this option might not work for you as the system might block the current phone in use. Your best option at the moment is to wait until Fido re-opens and contact customer service to to have the IMEI number block. 

If you still have the box for the phone it should have the IMEI number printed on the box having that handy would speed up the process.