Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Set Up Fee

udhatya
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Friends,

when I did an early upgrade in December 2019 at Wireless Wave store.. I was told by the rep that my 35 CAD will be refunded within 3 months.. it's been 6 months now and the money hasn't appeared yet.. I feel robbed and upset with the way FIDO reps have been responding to me when I contacted them online... I promise not to renew my relationship with either FIDO or Rogers in future.. I am thoroughly disappointed!

4 REPLIES 4

FidoKenny

Hello @udhatya Smiley 

Were you informed why $35 would be refunded on your account?

Was this a promotion?

You had a chance to contact the store to have more information concerning this?

Let us know.

udhatya

Dear @FidoKenny ,

I was told by the rep if I set up the phone on my own then I would get a refund of the set up fee. The store has been closed since March 15 , 2020 and therefore no way to contact them.  This was an existing Fido connection and I was charged on top of early upgrade fee.. 😞

Hello Udhatya,

Welcome to the community!

What do you mean by:

@udhatya wrote:..if I set up the phone on my own then I would get a refund of the set up fee...

Did you upgrade your phone online? You also mentioned that you did the early upgrade at Wireless Wave. Unless Wireless Wave had their own promotion, the activation or set-up fee is usually only waived if the upgrade was done online. If the customer service at Wireless Wave did the upgrade for you, that upgrade would not be considered online. They are a third-party retailer and the upgrade would have been assisted by their customer service.

If Wireless Wave had a promotion to refund the set-up fee, that would be up to them to provide the refund. I do understand that they might be closed given the current situation. However, third-party promotions are not necessarily from Fido. Even some Fido store promotions are in-store specific.

If your offer was a Fido promotion or if you performed the upgrade yourself on Fido.ca, you would need to contact customer service so they can access your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

udhatya

Dear @Cawtau 

Thanks a lot for your response. Well the upgrade was performed at Wireless Wave store on a Black Friday... I was told by store rep that the set up fee is charged by Fido and will be refunded on my 3rd bill that would get generated.. since it's an upgrade.. it was same connection , same sim , and no additional activation that was necessary. I did contact wireless wave via email since the store is closed but as always no response.

If Fido is not responsible for In Store or third party promises , it should at least train the reps and third parties dealing with Fido brand and services.. it's just one transaction with the third party seller but it's going to be a two year + multi product relationship with brand Fido which is going to take a hit... 

"Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team."