cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRIGHTSTAR is a fraud , do not buy it !

AGIRGIS79
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I bought a brand new Iphone XS max from a Fido Store on November 1st.

They told me i should buy the Brightstar device protection because of the high cost of repairs for my phone.

I did.

Then after a few scratches from a cover that i bought from the same Fido Store , BrightStar is asking to provide a proof of residence and a document that i filled with the Fido Salesperson from that same store.

I provide my drivers license and the document required. With no reason and no explanation, Brightstar refused both documents. Called them back, i got hang up , transfered over to a supervisor and again hung up again. 

This is really a scam for a customer to pay for a service that he cannot receive.

Really this is frustrating to talk to a customer service from BrightStar that doesnt even understand the problem and cannot help.

Why is Fido working with a company like BrightStar ????? This is totally unacceptable

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello AGRIGIS79,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your experience with Brightstar. I am not defending them nor their actions. However, I do not believe scratches are covered.

Brightstar.jpg

Taken from here. If you live in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, you may need a different T&C.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @AGIRGIS79 and welcome to the Fido Community!

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and rest assured this is not at all the type of service we wish for our customers to receive.

Brightstar is there to help customers get their phone fixed or replaced when there's any fault not covered by the regular warranty. Since your phone is scratched, this may be covered however if the damage is just cosmetic it may not be a good idea to get a replacement just yet as a deductible may apply.

That said, have you by any chance tried to contact Brighstar again in order to get more info as to why the documents were refused? I understand you've called them already but I do suggest contacting them in order to get more info. They're there to help customers who are in your situation and have damages to their phone so I'm confident that someone will be able to help out!

Please give that a try and keep us posted on what happens.