cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLACKBERRY INTERNET NOT WORKING

denalovett87
I'm a participant level 1

The last few hours my black berry is showing "GSM" instead of "EDGE" and now I'm unable to connect to my internet, bbm, etc! I didn't change any of the options or anything. Just wondering if anyone knew if FIDO is down or?

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

CLSY

What happen to my Blackberry? Can't go online, no emails (Business depended on my blackberry), no facebook, no bbm.....Please HELP!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are slowly restoring the service. Fido is not responsible for this outage, do not take it out on them,  I can not believe how out of touch people are with technology down for 1-2 days.  I look at the bright side, data may be down, but what ever happened to calling people?  I used the opportunity to call people I have not talk to in a while.

I can live with out data for a day or two.  but if u can't try doign a battery pull

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello denalovett87,

Welcome to the Technical Community!

There has not been any outages for the Blackberry services recently.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried to remove your battery and put it back in place?

Let us know!

Bmg
I got the same problem and I removed the battery many times and still didn't get fixe so is there a spcial setting the I can make manually proxy, port something like that?

john74

It's October 12, 2011 and....i'm currently experiencing this issue as well. I've removed my battery on my BB 8520, 3x already!!

After it reboots, I open up my blackberry browser i keep getting an error message:

Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

Is the Fido Network currently down??? This is what i'm paying for $30/month Data plan????!!!! I need some answers!

lyndseyreeves
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

ALL blackberrys are down, the only company that I've heard isn't is Telus. Just be thankful your texting still works because mine doesn't!! lol but seriously, not impressed that I'm paying for a service that isn't even working!!!

qwakcookie
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
Actually, all providers are affected, even Telus. I know, I work for them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course. when RIM servers are down, All providers are inheritenly effected. Not just fido. Glad to hear its working now

djbjegovich
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

It is ridiculous.  Paying for something that isn't working!  I can't use bbm or upload pictures to facebook OR use my browser