Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 3

AJ12345
I'm a participant level 1

When is Apple Watch support coming?

I want to buy one of the new cellular models.  So far only Bell and Telus are supporting. What about Fido!

40 REPLIES 40

ks2012

My daughter has a Apple watch with cellular with AT&T in the states and is moving back to Canada soon. Unfortunately she will need to sign on with Telus or Bell to use her Apple watch as she and her friends currently do while riding their horses without their cell phones strapped to them. It is very convenient plus gives them a greater level of safety should something go wrong. I do not understand why Rogers/Fido has not brought this technology to market while the other guys have. 

Cellular business is competitive and I guess the customers are disposable. A real shame. The Apple watch with cellular was launched almost a year ago so it should be about time to have adapted. AT&T can do it in the US; Rogers and Fido were the same network at one time.

Hey @ks2012,

Real sorry to learn that there's a chance your daughter won't be joining us for her wireless connection Sad

I assure you that we always aim to offer our customers and potential customers the best services possible and this is still something that we're looking into at as we build system functionality to support the technology.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and i'll make sure to forward it to the right people!

As soon as we have more news, we'll make sure to update our Community.

KingKhan1121

When is the LTE series 3 apple wat h coming to Fido and Rogers it’s been one year since release date and last year in statement to consumers it was said that LTE support will be in 2018 ????

Hey there @KingKhan1121

Welcome to the community Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread as it's related to the same topic. We still do not hold the Apple Watch, and we'll be sure to announce it as soon as we do.

In the meantime, you can check the most recent compatibility on apple.com/watch

Hope this clarifies.

Stockboy11

Any estimates as to how long we would have to wait to have our Celular Apple Watch 3's connected to our data plans without using our phones via blue tooth?  Are we talking a few months or a few years.  If the estimate is longer than a few months i will be changing carriers.  

I'm not looking for this answer:

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic.

I can confirm that Fido will not carry Apple Watch at launch. This will be something we look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. You can definitely still buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on Apple's website.

Hope this helps Very Happy

Hey there @Stockboy11!

Welcome to the community. Smiley 

As much as I would like to give you a more specific answer, at the moment we don't have any estimate as to when we'd be supporting the Apple Watch Series 3.

iholt97

Can I get an update on when you will support the Celluar Apple Watch?

Hey @iholt97

We don't currently have new updates on this just yet, it's something we're looking at as we build system functionality to support this technology.

We'll be sure to keep all our customers in the loop if there are any changes on this. Smiley 

essogas

My wife and I will be leaving too in 2018 if there is no Apple watch support.

Scott_not_happy
I'm a participant level 2

Ditto - Just purchased an apple watch with LTE - no support from Fido means we'll be moving our unlocked phone and 'free to leave' account to Bell or Telus in 2018.  Too bad - I've been with Fido for over 10 years.  

drahman
I'm a participant level 3

Fido you better hurry. I have three month to month phone accounts and a fourth coming this year that I will have to move to Telus if you can't get your act together and support the AppleWatch 3.

JcTcom
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Well looks like after being with Fido for 18 years I will be switching to Bell in the next couple of months when My and my wifes Fido plan is up for renewal.

Very short sighted of Fido and Rogers not to jump on this and to give us no info of when they plan to get with it.

Carl

Hey @JcTcom and thanks for reaching out.

We have no information about this yet.

For anything concerning the new Apple Watch Series 3, it will be updated on Fido.ca.

drahman

I just bought the Apple Watch 3 with cellular. My hope was that Fido would eventually support it. I have 3 people on my account and soon to have a teenager make it 4. It is sounding like Fido is not interested in what their customers want. I guess I will be shopping for a new carrier soon.

We'd be sad to see you go @drahman Sad 

We're always working on new things but we can't confirm whether/when it will be made available at this time. 

We're here if you have any other questions. 

eehenry1

Please tell me when Fido will be getting this issue resolved.
Not being able to use a major device as intended is disappointing on your end.
If I wanted the burden of carrying my phone to connect to for WIFI or BT , I wouldn't have bought a tiny little watch.
There are just too many options out there for cellular service these days .

Having been with Fido since you were a puppy , this might finally send me away.
Thank you 

Hey eehenry1! 

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

First off, I wanted to say that it's great to hear that you've been with us for so long and we hope that you stick with us! 

We'd hate to see you go over this, however, while this is something that we're working to support in the future, we don't have any updates to share about this at this time. 

Steph8

Hi, any update on when the cellular version of the Apple Watch will be supported, or if it even will be? I expect some good Black Friday plans being offered by Telus and Bell. With no contract to tie me, I may just go too. 

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Steph8 

We'd hate to see you go! Sad I don't have any info though on whether or not we'll support the Apple Watch. Keep an eye on fido.ca! 

Redline45

Does anyone know when Fido will start supporting the new Apple Watch?