Apple Watch Series 3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Apple Watch Series 3

When is Apple Watch support coming?

I want to buy one of the new cellular models.  So far only Bell and Telus are supporting. What about Fido!

Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 3

Hey @Redline45!

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic.

I can confirm that Fido will not carry Apple Watch at launch. This will be something we look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. You can definitely still buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on Apple's website.

Hope this helps Very_Happy

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

To use Apple Watch series 3, carriers need to modify their networks in order to support the integrated sim. However, Rogers and Fido have not done so and have not announced any plans. Bell and Telus awill

work however there is no support for Virgin or Koodo either. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 41
Highlighted

I've been with Fido since they first arrived in the Lower Mainland well over a decade ago (apart from a brief period when I had no cell phone at all.

I have purchased the Watch 3 with LTE, and if Fido doesn't move to support it, I will be moving to another carrier also. I can't imagine they would be so shortsighted as to have NO intention of supporting this device at all... I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Hopefully, not too much time...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 41
Highlighted

Hi, any update on when the cellular version of the Apple Watch will be supported, or if it even will be? I expect some good Black Friday plans being offered by Telus and Bell. With no contract to tie me, I may just go too. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 41
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Steph8 

We'd hate to see you go! Sad I don't have any info though on whether or not we'll support the Apple Watch. Keep an eye on fido.ca! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 41
Highlighted

My wife and I will be leaving too in 2018 if there is no Apple watch support.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 41
Highlighted

Ditto - Just purchased an apple watch with LTE - no support from Fido means we'll be moving our unlocked phone and 'free to leave' account to Bell or Telus in 2018.  Too bad - I've been with Fido for over 10 years.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido you better hurry. I have three month to month phone accounts and a fourth coming this year that I will have to move to Telus if you can't get your act together and support the AppleWatch 3.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 41
Highlighted

Well looks like after being with Fido for 18 years I will be switching to Bell in the next couple of months when My and my wifes Fido plan is up for renewal.

Very short sighted of Fido and Rogers not to jump on this and to give us no info of when they plan to get with it.

Carl

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 41
Highlighted

Hey @JcTcom and thanks for reaching out.

We have no information about this yet.

For anything concerning the new Apple Watch Series 3, it will be updated on Fido.ca.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 41
Highlighted

I just bought the Apple Watch 3 with cellular. My hope was that Fido would eventually support it. I have 3 people on my account and soon to have a teenager make it 4. It is sounding like Fido is not interested in what their customers want. I guess I will be shopping for a new carrier soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 41