Accessing Fido Webmail on iPhone6 using Safari

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Accessing Fido Webmail on iPhone6 using Safari

I'm unable to access my Fido webmail account using Safari on iPhone 6. The account can be accessed but when I try to retrieve mail ireceive the comment "The requested URL/............. was not found on this server". Can anyone help? I can access webmail on my iMac using the same procedure. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Accessing Fido Webmail on iPhone6 using Safari

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi Fido,

http://webmail.fido.ca/login.php Isn’t working for me. The page just won’t load. All my Fido.ca email is stored in my account there. Has the address changed?

thank you.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @mark2000

The webmail service has been discontinued since some time now. When was the last time you used it?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted

@FidoFaiza Usually 1-2x a year to clean up emails. The server must still be running because I receive several email to text messages daily and that’s where they were routed through. Do you have a legacy server address you could PM me privately so I can clear out my old email? I was given no notice that this was being shut down for customers. Not to mention, what happens to all the data I have there? I have two @fido.ca email addresses going to that server!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @mark2000

Thanks for providing us with the details. I will send you a PM in just a bit to gather some more info from you. 

Keep an eye out! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido can you also help me as well. I could have sworn I accessed the webmail in the last few months but yes similar to Mark I am still getting the text messages every time an email comes in. I have any usernames/passwords associated with my @fido.ca email and now that it is gone I am going to have many problems. Would you be able to provide me with a way to download or migrate the data? Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 14
Highlighted

Hey WizardOne, 

Do you remember as to when exactly you last accessed it?

We'll send you a PM shortly to look into this with you. Keep an eye out.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 14
Highlighted

No i don't want to stop the texts / emails. I would like to continue using /accessing my fido web mail if possible. If it is not possible, some way for me to download my emails, so that i can migrate accounts that i used that email address. Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 14
Highlighted

I also never figured out how to access webmail. All my mail is still going there...I definitely do NOT want to stop the text messages, as they serve as my notification as to when I get new mail. I just wanna know if there’s a a legacy URL you can PM to old users of webmail so we can still access the site, and at least clean out or delete old mail. 

I understand if new users shouldn’t be allowed to access the site, but old users should have grandfathered access until the site is completely decommissioned...we were given no notice...it’s not fair.

i heard its the same server employees or stores use. Can’t we just log in using our own Fido IDs?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 14