cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APNs on my phone are grayed out.

Ineedtofixthis
I'm a participant level 1

MMS is not working properly.  I tracked the problem to APNs with the wrong settings.   My phone is a Blackview BV9900 and is using Android 9 and when I go to change the setting, all APNs are grayed out and there are no option to add or edit any.  I called the technical support and told me until I can add or modified those settings they cannot help me.  I should say the there are three APNs with toggle botton beside itbut none of then have the proper configuration.   There is one APN which has the good setting but it cannot be selected ( no toggle button beside it) so i cannot tell the phone to use it.

10 REPLIES 10

thesheryar

I was able to fix it by install My Tech Suite from play store which allow you to forcefully add apns

Mauricio1

Use this website, it workef for me with Lte settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/fido#select-phone

Hello Mauricio1,

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear you were able to get your device to work using that website. For those who prefer the settings directly from the provider, they can be found here.

Cheers

joshbautista
I'm a participant level 3

Hello. I have the same problem but with a different phone.  I just got my A11 Pro Max.  I can connect to the network, but I can't connect to 4G or LTE.  When I go to the APN settings, there is FIDO info in the fields but they are greyed out and I cannot alter them. Does anyone know how to fix this?  FIDO is on LTE 2600 and LTE 1700 and LTE700 frequencies. The phone has all these bands but for some reason it won't connect to 4G or LTE.  Please help! Thank you!

Hi there @joshbautista. Have you tried following the steps shown here? If you need further help, please reach out to us via any of our contact methods.

joshbautista

I spoke to technical support. Unfortunately they concluded that Fido does not support this phone. Even though the phone has all the bands required for LTE connectivity. The phone works with other carriers except for Fido. They push APN settings into the phone once a Fido sim is inserted but unfortunately Fido locks the values in so the user cannot revise the settings. Was happy with Fido up till now.... 

We are truly sorry to see this Josh.🙁 

Good morning @babaluny , what type of device do you have?  Did you try setting up the APN as suggested here,

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/Fido-s-APN-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/118683

There's instructions for both iOS and Android. 

Let us know if it works for you or if we need to find another solution. Cheers 

babaluny

I have this same problem. And if I click "Reset" it doesnt change anything

FidoValerie

Hey @Ineedtofixthis !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

That's quite odd! 

On the APN settings page of your device, do you see an option to ''Reset to default'', in the overflow menu? 

If so, could you please try that and let us know how it goes?