cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is cell phone rate going up even thought i am under a contract ?

wildcard204
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido I been a customer for over 10 years. Always pay my bill on time never missed a payment. dont belive me look at my account. My last bill i just payed says my rate for my plan is 65$. Today in the app and web site says my current rate is 68$ for next month. I am under contract till Jan 2024 ? How is this legal to raise my rate ? What is going on ? Have a great day. 3$ is a big increase in this day and age.

3 REPLIES 3

FollowThePolo
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

If you go back to your bill from December, at the very end of the bill in small letters you will find the notice of this price increase, it makes you wonder why didn't they make this annoucement on the very first page of the bill in a way more noticeable way, doesnt it? 

Sneaky snake ways to run business makes business run away, I am looking around and found a couple other internet providers for around $40 per month, not sorry to leave to be honest. 
have a good weekend

Hi @FollowThePolo !

We've replied to your post about this here. Smiley 

FidoRania

Hey @wildcard204

We appreciate you for being a loyal customer!

There may have been a rate increase in your plan, this has been communicated within your past 3 invoices. 

If there was and you're currently on a financing term, you will not be impacted until your term is expired.

You will receive an offsetting bill credit to cover the cost of the increase for the duration of your term.

A reminder will also be sent to you 30 days prior to your term ending to inform you of the upcoming rate increase, and that the offsetting bill credit will be removed.

If you can't find such communication or if it has nothing to do with the rate increase, you can contact us here and we'd be more than happy to take a look into it for you.