cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the $3 increase

FollowThePolo
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I am sorry but I find it a little bit sneaky from Fido to make the price change notice in a way that it would be so easy to miss it. 
While it is the responsability of the costumers to review our bills, why would they choose to make this notice at the very end of the bill in small letters instead of making it as hard to miss as the little yellow square with bold letters in the very first page of every invoice reminding us to pay the bill on time? 
It's not about the $3, it's about the way they do this, I bet a lot of people won't even notice the change and that is why they do it this way....

Why would I want to keep this service when I can be paying around $40 for a home internet service with one of those new smaller providers?  I was doing my research and have found good options, this before I notice the little price change, this was the last push I needed to make the change...I encourage more people to look into changing home internet providers, more people going to smaller companies will help those companies to become stronger. 

3 REPLIES 3

Kathylkw
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Thanks for writing this post! I totally agree it's not about the $3. Many people just pay quietly because they don't want to waste time and bother. So today I spent more then half an hour to chat live with 3 different agents. The first 2 took very long to reply, and I was working. Once they replied and I didn't, they kicked me out of the chat room!

In the third attempt. I told the agent NOT to kick me out. I expalined the situtation and got a refund for the coming 12 months. I totally suggest people spend their time to voice out about it! It's not OK, and maybe illegal to just change the amount in the autopayment. When I signed the auto payment it was $56 and that should be it.

We'll be happy to go over your options with you. Don't hesitate to contact us.

FidoValerie

Hey @FollowThePolo Smiley

Thank you for your feedback! That is definitely not how we want you to feel about us. 

The notice about a change to your services should be visible on the first page of your bill (before you download the PDF version). The details are outlined in the invoice PDF near the breakdown of your recurrent monthly fees.

If you have more questions or would like to go over your options, don't hesitate to contact us.

We'd hate to see you go!