cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual voice mail

59ami
I'm a participant level 2

Is it true that visual voice mail plus only works for IPhone but not for Android smart phone?

7 REPLIES 7

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @59ami,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

That's right, the Visual Voicemail is only available on iPhones at the moment. The feature hasn't been supported for Android since September 2013. 

However, we do offer an alternative option: The Premium Voicemail-To-Text. The feature allows you to listen and also read your voice messages in any order without the need to dial in to check your voicemail messages. An audio file and transcribed text are sent to your phone and deposited into the text messaging inbox. The feature is part of our Value Pack or you can get it as a Standalone option.

Hope this helps Smiley

Skynet3194
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Google pixel phone supports Visual Voicemail. I just don't know if Fido support it yet for these devices. 

59ami

Thank you for response,

It's quite strange , because the visual voice mail was working in my wife  account until July 2017. She has Samsung smart phone. Besides , why the application is still placed in Goggle play store? Your company is positioning itself in very awkward manner. Don't you find?  And BTW, why Fido discriminates Android customer. 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Skynet3194

We currently do not support this feature.  If that changes, we'll announce it on fido.ca!

@59ami

That's definitely not the impression we want to give you.

At the same time, it's important that we provide you the right information.

We appreciate your feedback and I will definitely forward your comments to the team in charge.

If you have any questions for us about services offered, don't hesitate to let us know.

peterkalicki
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Now that Telus has rolled out visual voicemail for Android back in September, is Fido going to offer the same (as it once used to up until 2013)?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/28/telus-now-offers-visual-voicemail-for-google-pixel-nexus-5x-and-n...

Android 6.0 and up have this natively built in to the OS so it sounds fairly simple to implement on the carrier server side through the OMTP.

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/config/voicemail

Hey peterkalicki! 

No word on that at this time but if that is something that we will offer in the future it will be announced on Fido.ca. Keep an eye out there. 

In the meantime, our Premium Voicemail-to-Text iwould be your best bet. This feature allows you to listen and/or read you voice messages in any order without needing to call in to your voicemail to check you messages as an audio file and a transcribed text are sent to your phone's text messaging inbox via MMS. 

Hope this helps!