cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text to home not working, Fido won't reimburse

linda99
I'm a contributor level 2

I  just found out about text to home when talking to LiveChat. He directed me to this page: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/text-to-home-phone  Under "send a song" it explains how to do it.  I tried it once, didn't work.  Double-checked the info and tried again, and still it didn't work. I contacted LiveChat again, and she wasn't even aware it could send a song, she said it will only read the word.

*I*  had to direct the agent to the Fido page!! 😒

Since it's a problem with their PAY feature, it seems to me they should be reimbursing the charges. NOPE. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @linda99,

To ensure we get the full picture, can you expand on whether or not you sent a text to home from your phone and what happened when you tried? 

What was the symptom or the error message you received when you tried to send a song? 

Please keep the Community posted for help and reassessement of the situation. 

linda99

Yes, I sent text-to-home from my phone.

No error message. It *thinks* it has sent successfully because it comes through as a voice. 

Voice is supposed to be how it works for regular text to home, but when you add the exclamation points around fido's defaults, it is supposed to play music

Hello Linda99,

The Text to Home phone service is provided by a third-party, TeleMessage. If their service is not working properly, I expect it would be them who would reimburse you. You might consider contacting them directly to query why the songs are not playing properly.

For those wishing to opt-out of the service, you would need to email support@telemessage.com indicating that you wish to block all Text to Home messages from your Fido phone number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers