cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

poor customer service

Cindy-Lou
I'm a participant level 1

Let me start off by saying I'm fairly new to Fido and am not a big 'community board' person... I pay approx $150/month as I travel often to the US, when I called and waited on hold (twice) for over 30 mins, I was told they'd charge me $15/bill that I required printed copies of urgently for the government. Total of $45+ tax for copies of my own bills as my printer was down. REALLY FIDO??? You don't make enough money off your customers? You have to rip them off like this? I'll be looking elsewhere based on their poor customer service for refusing to waive the fees, as well as their ridiculous fees and prices.

Unbelievable.

4 REPLIES 4

saleemk

Fido used to be good, these days they have very poor call central,after 10 years i will go with other provider.

i have to call 6 times 

Hey @saleemk

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. This period is usually busier than normal, but we do want you to know that we are here for our customers. We do offer multiple ways to get in touch with support channels too. We wouldn't want to see you go for this!

You can call us, join us through live chat, use our Social Media channels (Facebook/twitter) or message us on the Community. You can use the channel that best accommodates you. šŸ˜Š

Did you need help with your services? The more details you provide us, the best we will be able to assist you on the Community. Let us know!

ficiis
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Cindy,

I sympathise with your frustration with companies that try to sneakily suck money from their customers' accounts to increase revenues. I went to Panama for a couple of weeks and Fido automatically turned on my roaming. Someone texted me and I was dinged $12 ($12/day roaming costs). It is now general practice for all companies to look for ways to do this. Look at all the "free trials" for services where it is up to you to cancel at the end of the free trial or the company will automatically, "for your convenience", start charging you a subscription fee. Or if you are dissatisfied with the service try cancelling your subscription. The company will say "cancel at any time" but try figuring out how to do that. A long time ago a "delete account" icon would be on the homepage or in account management but now it is buried somewhere in a long line of clicking tabs on a webpage or, you have to somehow contact them directly. Contacting a company directly is getting more difficult, too, because the "contact us" icon just sends you around in circles through useless virtual assistants or forums in hopes that the disgruntled customer will just give up or not figure it out in time to prevent another month's subscription fee from being withdrawn. Or, if a customer needs something done companies like to charge "administration fees" so they can actually charge their customers the cost of doing business. Sounds like a conspiricy but these companies pay people hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to figure out how to generate more revenue with little effort.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Cindy-Lou!   

Welcome to the Community!   

It's unfortunate to hear that your recent experience with us didn't meet your expectations.   

Don't forget that you can download, and print, your any of your bills from the last 18 months, free of charge, from My Account on Fido.ca. You can check out the full details here.

I understand your printer was down, but, keep in mind that you can save the PDF files and print them elsewhere.