Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plans only specify weekday minutes. what happens evenings and weekends

africanviolet91
I'm a participant level 3

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Africanviolet, the minutes that show for voice plans indicate the times that you will be using the minutes applicable to the plan. Evenings and weekend minutes are usually free on post paid plans and don't get deducted from your available minutes. For example, if you have a 500 minute plan, those minutes get deducted as day time minutes. Calls you make in the evenings and weekends are free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to what the above poster mentioned, please read your plan carefully, It has to specifically mention that evenings and weekends airtime is unlimited (they stopped using the term "Free evenings/weekends" because free can be is misleading, especially when you still get a phone bill, dont ask me why, some people possibly complained)

So yes some plans advertise as daytime minutes and have a separate minutes for evenings and weekends, while some plans don't and are possibly older plans which may be grandfathered, so please double check your online account to see what the terms of your plan is, or call customer service and ask them, its very convenient to do and they are willing to explain if you are unsure.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @africanviolet91

Can you give us a little more clarification about which plans you are referring to? 

Are you are looking at the plans found on Fido.ca?

If so, you can click on ``Details`` found below the plan of your choice, and it will give you a full break down of what it comes with. (Including the information on the evenings and weekends minutes). 

africanviolet91

here's add'l information: 

Fido pulse plan (Canada). 1G. 500 weekday minutes

-I checked the full details and there's nothing i can find that specifically speaks to what happens on evenings and weekends

Thanks for the replies

Hey @africanviolet91

Can you provide the province and the price of that plan to clarify please?

Also, are you looking at this plan on our website?

africanviolet91

Yes, looking at plan on website

Hey everyone!

I can confirm that for any of our 500 minutes plans for BC, the weeknights from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and weekends from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m. are unlimited at this time.

Keep us posted if you need more clarifications. Smiley

Hello Africanviolet91,

Welcome to the community!

Is this the plan to which you refer?

BC.jpg

I assume the $60 includes a small subsidy as those details refer to the 1 Gb & 500 minutes you noted previously. Where do you see weekday minutes? As far as I can tell, it only refers to 500 minutes. As you note, there is no reference to evenings and weekends in either the details nor full details.

I'm not sure if that means all of the plans now have included evenings and weekends. However, it is possible they were removed from the newer plans. If the latter is true, then the included 500 minutes would be anytime minutes (from Canada to Canadian number), to be used weekday, evenings, or weekends. Additional minutes if you exceed the 500 minutes would be 50¢ per min (Call Forwarding: 20¢ per min).

Perhaps a moderator could clarify whether evening and weekend minutes are still included in the newer plans.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

africanviolet91

BC Canada. $60/mo