cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

illegal increase on the monthly fee by Fido

fibo123
I'm a participant level 3

I changed my plan to Fido Payment Program - 2GB with $35 monthly fee on January 12, 2021, which is a permanent plan until I change it.

I don't have any promotion like $10 reduction for 12 months or balabala..... It is $35 permenantly.

In March 2022, I saw my monthly fee goes to $40 without any notice. I checked past six Fido bills, no notice.

I chatted online with an agent today, she firstly told me there is a global $5 increase for every customers, which is a lie.

Then, she changed her statement that although it shows $40 on my end, Fido only charges me $35, which is unacceptable.

I had an iPhone on Fido. If I change carrier, Fido will charge $1000 for that iPhone mini.

I already made compliant with response@ccts-cprst.ca . I hope it can work.

9 REPLIES 9

Redpedestrian
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My home phone internet bill went from $37/month to $39/month without notice. Fido has been making errors on my bills for the past 3 months. It's annoying. Fido, please fix my bills!!!!!

Screwfido2
I'm a participant level 2

That's **bleep**ed up, and talking to the inept csr cost more time and money. Canada sucks **bleep** when it comes to wireless providers. Switch to a US company by using a US mailbox. Get yourself a US number amd you'll notice less spam calls too, as even the scammers are too cheap to  pay the long distance fee! 

thai1111

I had 2 lines basics with fido, juste talk and text without a contract. One line i got over 7 years now, and i just convert a prepaid phone to monthly just about a year. and now i receive $5 increase for each line, means $10 total. I call the agent, and they said that was global increase. But i don't think so.  it was a jerk.  i will contact with my friends and see what happen with them too.  I am waiting, and i am thinking that i should go to file a complaint to CRTC.  You guys have any suggestions? thanks. i know that i got a low price, one line cost me $15 and another cost me $20 per month, that why i stay with Fido. but now i got $10 increase total for my 2 lines. now i am not happy with them. $25/ month bring your own phone is a regular price for every other providers.

Hi there @thai1111. When you are not on a contract, prices may be subject to change. Having a contract allows you to lock in a price. We however always ensure to advise of all possible changes on the bill before. Feel free to reach out to us so we can look into your account and see what was the case here Smiley

Screwfido2

Contract! LMAO!! Get the **bleep** outta here!!!

thai1111

Hi, Fido wants customer switch from prepaid phone to monthly plan. That is why they gave the better price without a contract and bring your own phone.  And that why I want to switch from  prepaid phone to monthly. And I still don't use much of the minutes. But now they saud that my plan is so cheap and no longer exist. And they want to increase the fee.  So I never recommend a friends to switch the prepaid phone to monthly plan, never.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @fibo123 ! Philippe here. I hope you are feeling well. ‌‌

I totally understand, no one likes to see their bill increasing.

To help clarify, customers on select price plans will receive a bill message letting them know that they’ll see a $5 increase to their monthly service fee (MSF). However, customers on one of these plans with an agreement will receive an ongoing $5 monthly discount to offset the increase.

If that's not the case with your plan, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to look into it!

fibo123

Increase $5 then give me $5 credit??????            Do you guys have too much time and have nothing to do?              That's a total funny joke. 

Hello Fibo123,

Welcome to the community!

I understand how that might not appear to make sense. However, it should be noted that the credit would likely only extend to the end of any current agreement. Once the contract ends, the cost of that plan would likely include the $5 increase.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers