cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i delete my Fido account?

TannerStig
I'm a participant level 2

im going to get a new 5S locked to Fido,and i want a new number,i dont want this numer which im using now(it is Fido number).so how can i delete my number?i pay monthly,of course i will pay the rest of the fee.but now how can i delete my old account?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Getting a new number and deleting an old account are seperate things, but you can cetainly get a new number while maintaining you account. Here's 2 method you can try, both will give you a new number

Method 1: You terminate your existing account, pay off any contract fees you currently own and start fresh.  Upside: when you sign up for your new S5 through Fido again, you don't pay $25 hardware upgrade fee.  Downside: you lose your Fidodollars, lose any grandfathered plan you currently have.

Method 2: go to a Fido store and ask for a cell phone number change on your account. You can pick your own cell number too provided they have that number for you.  Upside: You maintain all your account status, Fidodollars etc. Downside, pay $25 for the hardware upgrade fee for existing customers.

If you want to know HOW to terminate, just call Fido 611 on your Fido cellphone and say you want to cancel your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have no Fido contract any longer, how can i delete all my Fido accounts ?

Do I just have ot wait for the end of the month after terminate my contract ?

Hey @Anonymous!

Great question! The account does not cancel automatically at the end of the month. Many people have month to month plans without contract. If you'd like to cancel you can contact customer service. I can also send you a PM right here.

Let me know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm not used to dig up old threads but seems like my account is still active. I found out this morning when receiving an email about a "badge i earned"...

Anyway, the issue is still ongoing : I just want to delete my account as I'm not a Fido customer anymore. To be complete, I even no longer live in Canada.

Thx

TannerStig
thanks for your answer,i think im going to take the first method!

Anonymous
Not applicable
wufai, that was a great explanation, and i concur its strongly advisable to go with number 2. closing and re-opening a new account might trigger another credit check and negatively affect your credit score. its like closing your hydro account and opening a new one just for the sake of it, if its already there, its easier for both parties to just make the required changes and wala.