Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got a call from 833-425-2390

johnsonchuk
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I got a call from 833-425-2390, they claim that they are from the winback team.  can someone confirm if legit?

6 REPLIES 6

MattinToronto
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Given how easy numbers are to spoof, and telecom companies aren't doing much to make it tougher, is Fido or it's parent company going to feel bad when someone's identity gets stolen when they think they are getting a winback deal and it is really a scam call? One call center sounds like another on the phone.

Maybe set up some kind of system where you ascertain interest via the call center and then have the sensitive details only shared later via an established and secure contact method? I would wonder about potential liability issues knowingly employing a method that can so easily be corrupted.

But hey that's just my opinion as I am not an authority on the matter.

FidoStephane

Hi there @johnsonchuk

Yes, that number is used by our Winback team Smiley  

ishistory7

Hi, I got a call from your Winback team and Fido offered to match my current plan, so I accepted and provided the requested information. The rep told me it would take around 24 hours to receive a copy of contract via email and several business days to receive the SIM card. I have yet to receive an email from Fido and I did confirm my email address. Wondering how long it would take or how to proceed?

Hey @ishistory7 and welcome to the Community!

Feel free to reach out to us through any of our support channels and we will be able to look at the status of your account and the SIM card order.

ishistory7

Thanks, I already reached out to Fido customer support on March 29, but I am surprised how long it is taking for Fido to process my request. I was told to wait as it takes time. Still no emailed service agreement or anything yet...

It's not unusual for certain of our request to take some time to be processed. You can always reach out to us through one of our support channels for updates.