extended coverage blocked

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

extended coverage blocked

I live in an area that does not have Fido coverage. There is, however, extended coverage available here. With my former prepaid plan the extended coverage was not accessable. I was sold a monthly plan of Talk and Text (no data) with the promise that I could access Fido through the extended coverage network and I must say that for several months it has worked well with hardly a glitch. 

Now Fido has blocked my access to the extended coverage network. The reason given to me is that my usage of the network was more than "moderate". I use my phone on the regular Fido network when I travel into range but have no reception whatsoever where I live. I cannot find any definition of "moderate" on the Fido website. There is no counter in "My Fido" to indicate what proportion of my usage has been on the extended network. 

When I purchased this plan, it was on the basis of being able to use the extended network. This seems very unfair to me. I feel cheated.

Accepted Solution

Re: extended coverage blocked

Hey Ron2!

Welcome to the Community!

Our Extended Coverage network is at no cost to you. However, Extended Coverage is meant for occasional use only and the policy is outlined in the Fido brochure, your wireless service agreement, as well as on fido.ca. 
Once at least 50% of your recent usage is done within the Extended Coverage network we block your access to the Extended network. You can also get more info on Fido extended coverage here.
You can still use your service on our network. 

In your case, since you are living in a zone with Fido coverage, it means that most of your usage is done outside our network. That's why it's been blocked. 

Let me know if you have any question!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'll let you know one month in advance and we'll also send you a notification 24 hours prior as well.

Did you not get the one month notice ? @Ron2

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 17
Highlighted

2 days

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You should also get a notice one month prior  @Ron2

. This is strange, I'll send you a PM shortly to look into it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 17
Highlighted

Please don't bother. My account is now canceled (after 20 years with Fido).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Alrighty Sad We're sad to hear that. 

We're here if you have other questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

my service was canceled, which are my options? I will be three more months in the extended coverage area.

I will be still paying the monthly fees?? Do I have to cancel?

tnks

JR

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted

Hey @ricardomine!

We definitely wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. However if you are going to be 3 months away from the Fido network it would work out to more than 50% of your usage being done on the Extended Network.

I'll send you a PM and we can check it out together! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17