cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cell phone price

I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello 

I recently bought a cell phone and change my contract for next two years beacause the pervious contract was ended, so I selected a cell phone frome fido which had ad $5 per month A20, but when I recieved the bill it was 18.5 for 24 months, after that it was a question for me and I wondered about the price, I refered amazon and fido the a20 samsung price is about $200. it isnot fair and accepetable so I decide to return the cell phone otherwise check the problem and solve the matter.

thanks-- Hossein Zare 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello 20261394,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you might have gotten a promotion where the cost of device was $5 after bill credit. If it was, it's a common misconception that the monthly cost of the phone was reduced. However, that was technically not the case. The device cost shown on the website was calcuated after bill credit. The monthly cost of the phone remained the same but customers were getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone.

I haven't been able to access that particular promotion on the website, however, I'll use the values you provided. Since the monthly installment for the phone would still be the $18.50 per month, is there a monthly discount of $13.50 which would calculate to the stated $5 per month? I haven't done the calculations in this particular case due to lack of information, but I have provided similar calculations in other posts (see here, here, and here). 

Is it possible your offer was $5 after bill credit?

**edit* With regards to Amazon, I'm not sure those costs are a reliable source for how much items should cost. The prices on Amazon can vary wildly. It's really hit or miss. One particular egregious example had Amazon selling a plastic citrus juicer (retail for $14.99 USD) for an excess of $1000. No, that's not a typo!**

Fido does offer a 15-Day Satisfaction guarantee. If you purchased the phone in-store, you will have to make the return at the same store. However, if you purchased the phone online or with the assistance of customer service, you will need to do the exchange via mail. There should have been a pre-paid return label provided with your new phone. If you did not receive one, or are unable to find it, you will have to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers