cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS INCREASING

Jedi_Master
I'm a participant level 3

If you are on the $60/10 GB plan, just an FYI... Your plan rate is increasing and Fido hopes you won't see their notice. It is buried in the billing section. Nobody I know that is on this plan had any idea the price was increasing. So here is the notice so everyone can see. They are doing it at the exact same time on the sampe plan as all of the other big carriers and for the same reason. I don't know how that is legal, but they are doing it.

YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS INCREASING

We regularly review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing network and service investments so that we can continue to deliver the best possible customer experience to you. The monthly service fee for your Fido Pulse 10GB - BYOP plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, will increase by $5 to $65/month (plus applicable taxes), as of the date of your first bill on or after February 4, 2019. Your plan continues to offer excellent value and is priced lower than current in market plans. Your plan also continues to offer great features like 5 extra hours of data per month, weekly perks with Fido XTRA, access to Fido Roam (TM) and a network that covers 97% of Canadians. The rest of your Fido mobile service will remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you would like to respond to this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your mobile service, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

27 REPLIES 27

Jedi_Master

Hi Pierre,
You are being very disingenuous. I found out about this from Google News. I was only able to find the notice by digging deep into the billing information. I get email from Fido constantly but not about this. Nobody else who I know on this plan had any idea, either, until I told them. That is the problem here. Plus the fact that you basically got together with the other major carriers to engage in price fixing.

Look, I’m not going to pretend that $5 a month will drastically affect my life. But that’s not the point. Fido and the other carriers all agreed to do this on the same plan at the same time. And your response is always, ‘Well, it’s still cheaper than our other plans.’. Fido should be ashamed of itself for this.

Anyway, I just think everyone needs to know what you are doing and I suspect most had no idea.
I have filed a complaint with the CCTS and I encourage others to do so as well. I also hope people will file complaints with the Competition Bureau of Canada.

Kei200us
I'm a participant level 1

I felt the exact same way. I wasn't being notify in ways till after I saw my bill and had to search online.

Also I did some reading online this is not the first time Fido pull a rate increase with out sending an e-mail or notification to people.

I do agree with reporting to CCTS.

Tony_Wang

this is upsetting i notice this when i try to looking for plan for my wife and mom

i am on auto billing this increase i dont even know till now 

u guys really treating an old loyal customer good,,,,will someone pm me on this???

gerardlewis

Jedi Master, 

I only found out about the rate increase through a friend on Facebook and *not* from any communication from Fido either. I get promotional emails and Fido Xtra notifications, but nothing related to the 5$ increase has been addressed to me. 

When one of the moderators says "we started a discussion about this in PM", it shows a lack of transparency and honesty about what can be done about this situation for ALL clients. Please post any solutions or even conversations that might help others also get the same answers you're looking for. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. 

Twin61

I am frustrated as to how my bill keeps going higher. Originally I was paying over 100.00 a month for 5 gb of  data with all the charges. I was unhappy with that.  I changed my plan about a yr ago when Fido offered a  me a 60.00 plan for I think it was 10 Gb of data. I was happy with that.  Also got a bonus of 3 Gb of data as the competition was  high.  It was when they separated my options in my plan that was called a value pack I became unhappy as I was charged 7.00 for things that were originally in my plan. Also the roaming charge of 7.00 a month everytime I go over the border to shop is too high. Then to tip the iceberg my plan went up to 65.00 without any notice. Why do you do this Fido?  Now my bill is over 90.00 a month approx.I was happy to have my 60.00 plan plus good amount of data. But now I feel the cost is getting out of control. My income is limited and I am not a happy customer right now.

Hey @Twin61,

We understand price is important and we try to limit these changes as much as possible. I also want to mention that we send out a bill message prior to the increase. 

While the plan did go from $60 to $65 per month, if you're paying $90 for your services, the difference must come for other options or over usage. 

I'm happy to take a moment to review the account with you, you'll receive a PM in just a moment. 

Hello @Jedi_Master

We do appreciate you sharing your experience with Fido here, your feedback is taken seriously. We do take care of sending the communication about the price increase since it's important for customer to be informed.

I can see that we started a discussion about this in PM. I can assure you that we are here to help.

I'm sending you a new message now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley