cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased monthly fee

thapasupriya
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am a student. I bought Fido Plan when I first arrived in Canada. Literally just after I landed in the Pearson Airport. They said the plan was post paid, I don't need to pay now and it was only 35$.  Then after taxes, I was paying 39$. Few months back, I got a notification that said you can increase your plan with the same amount. And I did, though I never use it all. Suddenly last month it was 44$. I thought may be increased and 44$ was not that much. Now I received bill 72$????? What is this??? Why would you do that to your customer? 

3 REPLIES 3

aeghobashy
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I joind Fido recently for 60 G, Fido said my bill will be 50 as I was convinced to join Fido afte given special offer for 24 month. I received a bill of 140. Seriously? Now I'm thinking to call and cancel the service with Fido. this is frustrating.

Hello Aeghobashy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your bill is higher than expected. However, from what you note, it appears to be your first bill. In general, first bills are higher than regular monthly bills. Your billing cycle is set based on when you activated your line (see here). As well, for any given billing cycle, you are charged the upcoming monthly fees as well as any overages you might have incurred during your previous month. So you are charged in advance for your monthly plan plus any usage above your allotments previous month. Since most billing cycles start within a few days after activation, first bills usually include the upcoming monthly fees as well as prorated charges for the few days before your billing cycle started (see here and here).

In addition, if your services were activated with assistance from customer service, there would also be an activation fee.

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @thapasupriya,

Welcome to the community!

If you look at your invoice you should see exactly what you are billed for, see here for how to print/save your invoice.

After reviewing your invoice and there are charges that could be wrong you will need to contact customer service directly and they can better assist you.