cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Plans- Expensive

abadhera
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I would like to formally lodge a complaint. I am current Fido customer. I wanted the $40- 40 GB plan that is being advertised on the Fido Website. But i was told its only for new customers and the loyal customers can take a hike. 

This is just a terrible way to treat customers. I will make sure to port out even my cheaper lines since i would like to be treated a better.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Adadhera,

Sorry to hear you feel mistreated. I understand it's frustrating not being able to avail of the same promotional offers as new customers. However, incentive promotions are not uncommon. For example, banks often offer better interest rates (for a set period) or even tablets for new customers or their credit cards may offer lower interest rates or special cash-back promotions (also for a set period) for new customers. If one already has an account at that bank or already has that particular credit card, they are not able to avail of those offers.

I also understand you may be able to avail of a particular promotion from a different provider. However, that does not necessarily mean that they appreciate your business more than Fido. Virgin's comparable offer is also for New activations only and Koodo's similar offer is Not available on rate plan change for existing customers. The reason you are able to avail of another provider's promotional offer is that you would be considered a New customer. In the future, you would also be considered an existing customer an no longer be able to avail of their promotional plans for new activations. Those conditions are no different than from Fido.

Fido does care about its existing customers. Unfortunately, some customers do not appreciate the loyalty gestures offered. For example, many customers have received offers for free additional data. Sadly, some customers have complained that the amount of free data they were offered was not enough. Alas, in this day and age, loyalty has lost its meaing.  

I'm not trying to influence your decision either way. However, you can only avail of those other promotions because you would be considered a new customer and not necessarily because they treat their customers better. Only you can decide which option is the best for you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers