cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong information during SIM card purchase

dhruv1989
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have purchased the fido sim card from the mobile shop store at Real canadian super store.

After one month, I received the bill amount of 462$.  I got the quite huge charges for the sweden international call from canada.

During purchase, I have clearly asked that I will get the free minutes for international call for sweden and I got the reply

definitely I have the free minutes for sweden international call.

After this huge bill, I have visited the store again and they clearly accepted it was their mistake (they have give me wrong information)and they have file the complain to revert this charges from my bill.  

Still Mobile shop store people has not got any kind of resolution from the fido. Even they have accepted their mistake 

at least this issue should be resolved asap so i can avoid this charges.

Its bit strange that  no one from the fido is helping the store and its quite negative experince for me.

Can someone please help ?

BR

Dhruv

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dhruv1989,

Welcome to the community!

@dhruv1989 wrote:

...Its bit strange that  no one from the fido is helping the store ...

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected charges and were provided with inaccurate information. However, I'm not sure what you're expecting from Fido. As you note, it was a mistake by someone at the Mobile Shop at one of Real Canadian Superstores. I understand you purchased Fido services, but no one from Fido told you calls to Sweden would be free. The people working at the Mobile Shop don't work for any particular mobile provider; they work for the Mobile Shop (or RCS). They sell a product, which in this case happens to be Fido services. If you purchased a HD television at RCS and the sales person told you it was 4K and you later find out it was only a 720p TV you can't blame the manufacturer that it wasn't 4K -- it's a HD television, not ultra-HD.

It should be noted that calls to other Countries are not free. Some promotions or add-ons might include calling minutes to certain Countries, but they aren't technically free. Unfortunately, Fido does not offer any plans or add-ons which include calling to Sweden. If you reguarly make calls to Sweden, you might consider the Preferred International rat add-on (see here). TheMobile Shop sold you something which is not even available from Fido.

I understand the experience is quite negative. However, it's not Fido's fault you were provided with inaccurate information. Why is it expected Fido should have to provide assistance for a third-party reseller's mistake? As mentioned previously, they don't offer included calling to Sweden. I think that information would be something a Fido employee would know. It should be the Mobile Shop or RCS who provide any compensation.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If the Mobile Shop or RCS are unwilling to provide compensation you might consider legal proceedings. In the meantime, if you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

I apologise if this comes across a being a bit harsh. I do understand it was not your fault you were provided inaccurate information.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers