Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong/Missing account information and credit check

Adonis_19
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I just ported my phone number into Fido from Chatr. Later, I checked my billing paper that the store agent gave me, unfortunately my name was incorrectly written (my full name is not complete) so I'm just trying to solve this issue fastest possible to make everything as accurate as possible.

I do have some questions about this mistake:

1- Shall this affect on my Credit check or score or even reporting monthly payments to credit reporting agencies?

2- Shall correcting this issue would require a credit check again will this check be a soft or hard ?

if the check is hard and it's not even my mistake what action should I take to solve this issue.

I do not like to have issues since the first day of my new cell phone plan. Please guide me who I should contact to solve this issue.

Thanks  

6 REPLIES 6

Adonis_19

I do have a Credit check monitoring service it did show for my friend on his report (almost immediately) TransUnion but me (equifax still nothing).....

Hi @Adonis_19,

Welcome to the Community and welcome to Fido Smiley

Sorry to hear your name was incorrectly written. Just to clarify, your full name wasn't written, i.e., we are missing a name, right?

At the time of the activation, other pieces of ID are taken too so I don't believe a part of the name being missed will affect your credit report. 

I'm not sure about your second message. You can contact the credit agencies to inquire on their delays. 

Let me send you a PM to see if we can make a name correction on our end. 

Thanks. 

Adonis_19

Thank you for your replay I did give the agent 2 pieces of ID but he did not type my full name now a report is showing with TransUnion that Fido did a check on my file but does not show on Equifax I do not know why.

also my most recent reported name is missing as the agent typed it.

what we can do?

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification!

If there is a typing mistake in your name, we can definitely correct it on our end @Adonis_19 within 72 hours. Correcting your name does not require another credit evaluation. If you're missing a name (middle name, last name etc), you may need to send us a proof. Can you clarify what's the case with you?

I do see that we have sent you a private message but never heard back from you. Can you reply to us so we can look into this with you?

Adonis_19

My account got hit with 50 points I need help what is happening ?

MY FIRST BILL
- Jun 27
$91.29
Includes $4.08 GST
Includes $5.71 PST
Don't forget to pay by required payment date Jul 24, 2019
if you would like to check my bill I would love to send it to you !

Hey there @Adonis_19,

We've replied to your PM. We'll continue there to follow up on your request.