Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Plan Updated to Wrong Number by Fido

SamuelJi
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have two cellphone lines in my fido account. One is for myself and the other is for my wife. Today I found my wife's number has an exclusive offer which is 50$ for 20GB. We thought this is a great deal and then upgraded her plan to it online. It showed the plan has been changed successfully and we even took a photo as evidence. However, when I checked my account information back I found the 20 GB is added into my number, not my wife's.

I have no need and no intention to change my current plan. And I haven't received any plan changing confirmation email from Fido too. I don't know what happened to Fido but I want this mistake can be fixed as soon as possible before the next billing cycle. Please change the correct plan Fido!

PS: Both my wife and I lost wireless signals today. I saw the news of the Rogers' network issue. It is horrible because we are going to send my mother in law to take the covid vaccine today. 

Updated: After about 2 hours of the plan change request I received the confirmation email from Fido which said that the plan to my number has been changed, not my wife's number. This is ridiculous and I don't know how Fido can make such a mistake. It is too difficult to find the customer service from Fido these days. I am hopping anyone from Fido can help us to look into this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

SamuelJi

Hi Stephen, thanks for answering. I have used the online chat but the agent cannot really help me anything. The online agent just tried to sell me the other more expensive plans I can select in my account myself. 

In fact I checked the online plan update page again and found the same bug is still there. For example, I have three line numbers in my account: two cellphone plans and one tablet plan. Then no matter which number I selected it is my wife's number showing in the field "Line to be changed". So I was misleading and thought the plan was exclusive to my wife, which was in fact under my number. 

I don't know if there are other people affected by the same bug. But I think it should be Fido's fault to mislead the customer into selecting the wrong plan. And Fido should be responsible to help the customer to correct it.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @SamuelJi,

I'm sorry to hear about that.

For this type of issue, you'd need to contact customer service in order to have this rectified. 

Take care