cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winback team a scam??

jun70
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

2 months ago I recieved calls  from Fido Winback like every 3 days and I kept ignoring so I finally answered.

The winback agent offered me a deal for me to come back from freedom to fido and offered me $35 for 6gb. I kept saying no and that I wasn't interested until he offered me an additional $200 credit. It was an offer I couldn't refuse so I proceeded with the offer via phone. He said that the credit would be applied every month.

On my first month my activation fee of $50 was waived as shown on my bill. On the second bill however,  I had a bill of $79.10. I was shocked and immediately contacted an agent. They said I should wait until the payment is required (Apr 4) for the credit to show up.

I waited until April 4th and the credit still wasn't showing so I contacted a customer service agent again. The agent said that only the winback team can apply the credit so I have to contact them directly. The agent submitted a form for the  winback to call me within 2 business days.

4 days passed and I received no call. So I contacted customer service  AGAIN for them to give me a call and I STILL HAVENT RECIEVED A CALL.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST ADD MY CREDIT SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE

And if you guys just lied about giving $200 credit y'all are SCAMMERS

5 REPLIES 5

Cm2017
I'm a contributor level 2

you can't really trust what the Winback team says, a department higher up can change the terms of the deal you were promised and there's nothing that can be done.

The Winback team promised me a deal for two years, and then after a year Fido corporate changed my plan, and they just said "yeah sorry about that".

Hello @Cm2017,

That definitely isn't the kind of experience we aim to offer you.

Feel free to contact us over these methods if you need help with anything. 

Cm2017

Thanks for the reply,

I already spent almost an hour on the phone with an agent, but the change to my plan was outside the agent's control and nothing could be done.

i found a better deal with another carrier and have since left fido.

peace,

chris

We're sad to learn that you're no longer with us!

If you change you're mind, we'll be here. 

FidoSarah

Hi there @jun70.

We are truly sorry to see you are experiencing difficulties with an  offer you received. Please reach out to us here so we can look into it with you and see what's going on.