cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling Not working for Iphone 11 - Called 6 times

Alinash4321
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

For the last 3 months, I called 6 times tech support to turn on the wifi calling. But still no luck. It says "Contact Fido" when I turn on the wifi calling on my phone. 

Please Fido... Fix the issue.  Hopefully, Fido can avoid my 2 years plan(1.3 years remaining) so that I can use the wifi calling with other providers. 

8 REPLIES 8

rem123
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

So after much fighting over this with numerous people at Fido I figured it out. 

1. talk to a rep - Yes I know this seems impossible as you will sit on hold for DAYS at a time.  It took me 2 weeks to speak to a human being in North America. Tell them you want Wi_fi calling "enabled" on your account.

2. Give that person your IMEI number and tell them to add it to their "exceptions" - ya see Fido and Rogers are the ONLY providers which blocks users from using Wi-Fi calling unless you buy the phone from them. How they do this is by not permitting the IMIE to be automatically added (Settings - About Phone)

3. Ensure you don't have any ad blockers installed on your phone.  Also, my model SM-G781W is permitted as one they "allow" (I hope so, since they sell it)

4. Finally (and this is the BIG one) have them reset the connection on the number (once the IMEI number is in). This was the issue with me.  It's needs a reboot from THEIR end as well as YOUR end.

So, I glommed a little bit of information from each person I contacted and then TAUGHT the next person what they should be doing to get this to work. They say "We don't support this" well, yes you do - you just have not been trained. My Wi-Fi calling has been working for about 4 days now. If it goes down, I am immediately moving my family back to koodoo. I can not tell you how many HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS I have been on hold or waiting for a chat to engage. 

Brentbatten
I'm a participant level 2

Has there been any solution to this? I'm on a fido bought iphone 12 pro, wifi calling was working just fine until they had me reset my network settings doing some trouble shooting with my data this morning, got the data flowing again but now wifi calling won't enable and they can't seem to figure out what's up. Left off with them submitting a ticket to the network group. I live in a bad cell area so wifi calling is vital, if there is no resolution after 5 years with fido, it may be time to jump **bleep**. 

Brentbatten

ship...typo.

akmamani

I'm having the same issue with iPhone 11. Cannot enable Wifi Calling - message says to contact Fido. On hold with support now for 1hr 02 mins. Any ideas how to solve this?

akmamani

So Fido wifi calling only works on devices bought from Fido and/or Rogers. Using my sim in a Roger's iPhone enabled my wifi calling but using my phone (bought from iStore in Toronto does not connect to wifi calling. Tried multiple devices and no success. Any reason behind this? Using wifi calling enables your own consumers to have better experience. All support staff at Fido have different explainations. 

Hello Akmamani,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Wifi-calling. They tend to only allow certain features, like Wifi-calling, on devices sold by themselves. That's because they can be assured that the devices have been tested on the networks. In general, that usually only affected android devices because there are so many different devices using that OS. That said, in recent years, they have allowed certain grey-market devices to use those features because they are the same model and version as the ones they sell.

Generally, iPhones did not have the same issue because Apple is a closed system. Have you attempted to update the phone's carrier settings? You may need to contact customer service to request they push the carrier settings to your device.

@akmamani wrote:....bought from iStore in Toronto does not connect to wifi calling...

When you mentioned iStore, are you referring to an Apple store or specifically iStore at the Airport? If it is the latter, is it possible you purchased a different version (ie non-Canadian) of that iPhone? Browsing their website, I cannot seem to find any actual devices. It's possible they are not authorised by Apple Canada to sell devices. I can't be certain, however, if your iPhone is not the Canadian version, that could be a reason why Wifi-calling does not work if updating carrier settings does not help.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey there @akmamani and welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to read about the the delays on call as we are more busy at the moment given the time of the year.

We would like to troubleshoot that with you here, but we will also need to have access to your account to make sure everything is alright. As such, if it is more busy on call, know that we also offer assistance through live chat on our website, through Messenger or Twitter! I'll invite you to reach us out through one of our available channels so that we can take a closer look at that together.

Hope to chat with you soon!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alinash4321,

Welcome to the communtiy!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Wifi-calling. To clarify, what type of plan do you have? Is it one of the Data, Talk and Text plans? As far as I am aware, the Wifi-calling feature is not available with Talk and Text or Basic plans. In addition, the I don't think the feature is available with Data-only plans either.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers