Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling- Help!

Eharrie
I'm a participant level 3

I just switched to Fido from Koodo.

I rely heavily on wifi calling- I work in a remote camp for weeks at a time and have wifi but no cell coverage.

When I went to set up wifi calling, I got an error message that says "to activate wifi calling on this account, contact Fido".

I read on other forum posts that this may be because my phone (iPhone X) was not purchased from Fido. Rather, it came straight from Apple.

I switched to Fido because there's better coverage in my area, but if I can't get wifi calling to work I'll be switching back ASAP.

Hopefully this catches someone who can help's eye and I can get my phone whitelisted. The "we can't guarantee it'll work if it's not a Fido phone" excuse that I see on several posts is lame BS (how come every other provider can do it no porblem!) and will cause them to lose me as a customer within the first week.

6 REPLIES 6

Eharrie

Ok so it's been just over 24hrs. Went to use my wifi calling- and it's stopped working! Go into my settings and find the setting flipped to "off". Turn it back on. You can see the steps it took me through (note that it skipped the normal 911 registration step, which I did yesterday).

Grrrr...I go back to camp in just over a week so I need to get this sorted out :confounded_face:

17C6486E-AC61-4859-A2C8-415841C6955F.png

FD69A9BA-3FC0-4C1B-B7D0-4FBDE4A9E061.png

027E6C91-7C23-43C8-B6E6-5679E21278B2.png

Hi @Eharrie

When you contacted customer service, do you know if your unlocked phone's imei was added to the account?

Let me know. 

Eharrie

I'm not sure if it was or not. I'm thinking not. I believe they pushed a network update to my phone.

That said, I woke up this morning to it working again? Idk it's been weird.

Thanks for the update @Eharrie! Keep us posted if ever it stops working again! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Eharrie,

You probably have to contact customer service to get them to push a carrier update to your phone and it should provision your phone to activate the WiFi calling.

Eharrie

I did that as I posted, seems to be working (for now). Let's hope it stays working.