cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the device price higher than promised?

LEasong1234
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

It's so very difficult to connect to customer service by phone. I tried live chat, but that also doesn't work. It's so uncomfortable.

Two lines of cellphones on fido for Black Friday deal. It was said that the device cost was $ 20 per month with the iPhone 13, but when I checked the bill, the device value was written at $ 42.80. And I also want to know the billing cycle. I paid on December 22nd, but I was told to pay again on January 8th, what happened?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello LEasong1234,

Welcome to the community!

It's a common misconception that the monthly cost of those phones are reduced. However, that is technically not the case. The device cost shown on the website  and in promotions is calcuated after bill credit. The monthly cost of the phone remains the same but customers are getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone.

The bill credit is applied to the account and does not directly affect the actual monthly financing cost. In your case, the original monthly financing fee of $42.80 and a bill credit of $22.8 would calculate to $20 per month (assuming that is the actual bill credit amount received). However, the monthly financing fee does not actually change

I understand it's a busy time for Fido customer service. However, you should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers