cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just problems with fido since I became a client.

quebecer2023
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

I am losing my patience with Fido right now. I have 2 major problems with them. 

1. Plan problems.

december 21st: When I suscribed, I took the 50gb for $50 plan. I got a confirmation email and that I will get another notification when my sim card would be expedited. 

december 26th: after talking to a representative that the system has a problem, he suggested me to go to a fido store to get a free sim card. When I got there, they told me it can't be free and it's $10. At the same time, I talked to another representative at the store about switching plan because I didn't need that much. She then told me my new 17GB for $40 plan would be effective January 21st. I received a confirmation email the same day. 

December 29th: I received the sim card. I tried to transfer my Rogers number to fido and it wouldn't work. They told me  it's because they can't do number transfers when there is a plan switch. I told them that I won't be paying 2 accounts. The representative than told that they can put the new plan in place today. I said ok. She did then transfer the number and it worked. But she canceled the 17gb plan and put back the 50gb plan because I received a confirmation email of the cancelation of the 17gb plan swith on january 21st. 

I'm like what the hell is going on right now. Seriously, what kind of business is this. I never had a problem like this with Rogers and they are well known to really mix things up. 

2. Wifi calling working and then not working

One of the reasons why I switch to fido instead of Fizz is because of the wifi calling options. I even asked the representative before suscribing if it would work with an unlocked iphone 11 pro bought from Rogers. They confirmed that it would. Well, today, after getting my number transfered, I clicked the wifi calling option, filled out a form and got a confirmation email that my wifi calling is now active and the FIDO Wifi calling was appearing, but all of a sudden it's gone and when I go back to ios setting it's still "NO" and when I switch to yes, it tells me that they are processing the demand and that I should get a text soon. What is going on? I even chatted with a representative and they didn't know what was wifi calling. 

I am seriously unimpressed and I am thinking of filling a complaint. This is ridiculous. This community topic is my last hope someone at Fido with knowledge and good costumer care will try to get things fixed. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Quebecer2023,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your issues. Unfortunately, I cannot speak as to what may have been previously discussed.

@quebecer2023 wrote:

....  This community topic is my last hope someone at Fido with knowledge and good costumer care will try to get things fixed. ..

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers