cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my phone looses signal on one particular intersection everyday?

ssoni
I'm a contributor level 1

Everyday from work to home, I call my wife and at one particular spot in Saskatoon my phone looses signal and it has been happening for more than 1 year now.

Is it because someone uses phone jammer in the area? 

location is 52º05'10.9ºN 106º38'01.4"W

It is right at the intersection of Cornish road and Willis Crescent in Saskatoon.

Who do I report it? 

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ssoni,

Welcome to the community!

Do you also travel southeast into Stonebridge? Do you get signal there? There appears to only be two celluar towers in the area. The area you note is in the middle of those towers.

Saskatoon.jpg

Taken from here.

It's possible that area is just on the outside edge of either tower.

Have you tried to enable roaming on your phone? If you're outside of Fido/Rogers coverage, your phone might be able to connect to extended coverage (Fido-EXT).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ssoni

Roaming is always enabled my phone.  Most of the time in  South east it shows me Fido-EXT. but this particular intersections drops my active calls.

Hello again,

I apologise, I misread your original post. I thought you tried to initiate your call from that location...

It is still likely that intersection is just outside of either of the two Fido/Rogers towers. As such, your phone would connect to the closer SaskTel tower as Fido-EXT at that location. Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer an active call from one mobile provider to another. Voice calls (with the exception of voLTE and Wifi-calling) are still circuit-switched. That is, a connection is established directly to the target through the network, and the entirety of the transmission, happens through that connection. While handovers (or handoffs) can typically be done between towers from the same mobile provider without disconnecting, the direct connection cannot be transferred between providers. A new circuit (ie new call) would have to be made on the other provider.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey ssoni!

That's odd! What model of phone are you using? Is it a Fido phone? Do you notice if the same thing happens when using a different device too?

Also, in this location, when your device loses signal, does rebooting your device restore your connection?

Let us know! 

ssoni

I have used three different phones to make sure it is not because of my phones. Rebooting the device did not help me too. 

Hey @ssoni

This happens indoor and outdoor as well?