cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting charged for US roaming when I am in Canada?

Vanisle
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I keep getting charged US roaming charges while on vancouver island in Canada.  Vancouver island uses extented coverage, so Fido says I need to have roaming turned on to get extended Canadian coverage, but frequently I get charged for accessing Washington state towers, last. Month this happed 5 times at 8$ each, so an extra 40$ on my bill and I didn't even get close to the USA. Fido needs to use the phone location to decide whether US roaming is applicable, or they need to have it trigger a notification that allows you to select if you want to roam in the USA. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vanisle,

Welcome to the community!

Fido is supposed to have an accidental roaming solution in place for those who live near the US border (see here and here). It's possible that US cellular tower has not yet been identified as problematic. You would need to discuss the matter with customer service so they might identify that location as an issue. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers