cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Term: 2 year financing term" indicate

JessyU
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was going to change my plan, but I'm hesitating now because it states there is a 2-year financing term.  Does that mean this plan locks me into a 2-year contract with Fido even though I'm not financing a device?  OR does it mean this plan is compatible with 2-year financing plans?

JessyU_0-1727612629418.png

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JessyU,

Welcome to the community!

While I would tend to agree with Original_Lucy with regards to plan being compatible with financing, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not know the full details of any specific offer. In particular, that list notes it's an Entry plan.

From what I could ascertain previously, the Entry plans might be considered one of their Basic-type plans (see here)? If that is the case, it may not have access to 4G LTE speeds, roaming, etc. In my previous post, I had thought the Data, Talk & Text plans appeared to be Plus plans. However, given the details of that plan listing, I'm not sure whether that distinction is correct anymore.

If you wished to verify the details of that plan, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @JessyU , if you're not currently financing a device,  I will assume that the plan you're looking at is compatible with the ability to select a new device and finance it over a 2 year period.