Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web-to-sms gateway

buTs
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm. 

Do we need to enable web-to-sms gateway in Fido simcards/number or does it come by default?

If needed to enable, how to do it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello BuTs,

Welcome to the community!

Could you please provide additional information as to what you mean by web-to-SMS gateway? What are you attemptinge to accomplish with that gateway?

Are you referring to email-to-text? If that is the service to which you refer, I don't believe that service is available anymore (see here).

Alternatively, are you referring to Wifi-calling? If this is the service of which you inquire, it would need to first be set-up. You can view how to enable the service in the above link (provided you have a supported device and plan).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

buTs

Hi, Cawtau

Thanks for the reply.

It's actually related to some websites sending verification codes to our phone numbers.

Is there a way to check whether a certain site is blocked from sending to our numbers? Or is there a way to enable it?

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. As far as I am aware, the gateway is required to send SMS messages from online sources. If you are the recipient of the SMS, the messages would have already been converted to SMS and would be received like any other text message.

In order to receive verification codes, the messages need to be sent from a short code provisioned by the Canadian Telecommunications Association. The current short code list can be viewed here. That said, there may be some situations where the codes are sent from an actual phone number (ie an International Bank). If that is the case, the number may get flagged for possible SPAM if many codes are sent from that number.

You should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you continue to have issues receiving those verification codes, you might consider contacting customer service. They may be able to verify whether the source number is blocked. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

buTs

Thank you very much for the added information. I already talked as well with the technical support team and they advised some countermeasures.

I really appreciate your response here.

Cheers!