cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Inbox Number

polar47
I'm a participant level 2

I received a notification on the phone that there was an Urgent Voice Mail, when I went to collect it and pressed "1" on the keypad it went right in to dialing a long distance number in Alberta. I hung up right away and did not let the call go through. Everytime I go into collecting my messages it goes into that long distance call, it does not even give me the normal message of "who's calling please".   On notifications on my home screen it won't even delete it.  I've even tried powering off but to no avail.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Polar47,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand how that might be concerning. Where did you purchase your phone? Was it from Fido? If it was purchased from Fido, it would likely already be programmed with an appropriate voicemail access number. On the other hand, if you brought your phone from elsewhere, you might need to change the voicemail access number. You can verify Fido's voicemail information here. If you purchased your device from Fido, it may have a different access number programmed depending on Province purchased (see here). I'm not sure if those access numbers are still active so you might consider changing it to one provided in Fido's Everything you need to know about Voicemail page.

What type of services to you have -- post-paid or pre-paid services? What plan type to you have? Most newer plans would have Canada-wide calling so those minutes would include Canadian long-distance charges. That said, if the phone number is the voicemail access number, I don't think long-distance charges would apply even if you don't have Canada-wide calling.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

polar47

Unfortunately not. This is a Fido phone and I've been a customer for years. First time something like this happened. I tried calling myself and left a message. Went to retrive it and everything worked as normal BUT as soon as I finished with my own message it starting dialing the Alberta number. The Alberta number is constantly there and I can't get rid of it.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear you did not find the information useful.

@polar47 wrote:

... Went to retrive it and everything worked as normal BUT as soon as I finished with my own message it starting dialing the Alberta number. ...

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what is happening. When you retrieved the voicemail you left, had you pressed '1' to access your voicemail? Since you note it worked as normal, does that mean the voicemail number is correct? Are you saying that your phone is dialling the Alberta number after you already checked the voicemail?

If that is the case, are you able to verify that Alberta has not somehow been entered in addition to the voicemail access number?

If you are still having issues, you might consider contacting customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers