cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail retrieval on ROGERS phone

NullandVoid
I'm a participant level 2

When trying to retreive voice mail. Typical ROGERS phone. After I enter the FIDO phone number, followed by the # key. It hangs up. Solution please. It had worked fine it the past.

Sincerly, Nullandvoid.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @NullandVoid

Just to confirm, your voicemail works on your phone, but not when you try to call it from another phone, is that right? Also,just to confirm, you're calling your own number and then when you hear your greeting message, you presse the # key, right?

KRS03
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Original poster NullAndVoid hasn't mentioned in which region they had this issue.

But, I can say that in the Vancouver region, using either of the 3 active local (10-digit) numbers intended to allow voicemail retrieval, none allow access. 

The service answers and gives the ordinary request for your number in English and French, but that is the last thing you will hear.  Entering your mobile number (with # of course) elicits no reply.  Normally, when you key in your number incorrectly you will get some response.  Now, nothing.  For the last number of days the service is Out of Order!

Thanks for looking into this or guiding us to a solution.

Hello KRS03,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @NullandVoid,

Welcome to the community!

Are you trying to listen to the voicemail on the phone that the SIM card is in or are you trying to listen to it from a different phone?

If you are trying to listen to it directly on the phone itself after pressing and holding 1 it should dial your voicemail then prompt you to enter your PIN followed by the # sign.

It sounds like your voicemail retrieval might not be set up correctly, this article here might be of help to you.

NullandVoid

Please read the posts again. Sugestions are apreciated. I checked my FIDO message service.

It is set up correctly.

It is when I try to access my FIDO messages on a ROGERS cell phone. Never tried it on a landline. When I enter my FIDO phone number. Followed by the '#' key, ... it hangs up.

I had worked fine before, ... now with a new Motorola, MOTO E3 phone, ... ?

Not much of a cell phone user to begin with. Mostly for work. Both are pay-as-you-go. Annual $100 credit card renewals,

Many XOXOXO, ... and Thanks,