cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail nonsensical response

Kahuna1
I'm a participant level 2

Anyone else experiencing this nonsensical response from their Fido voice mail. "Who's calling please. Enter ur password followed by the # key" I get "Enter ur password followed by the # key" But some tarty voice asking me Who is calling @ every call to my voice mail call is MOST annoying. The last Fido CSR told me "Its part of the Fido security protocal" and EVERYONE experiences these words when they call their voice mail. 

Any assistance to elevate this annoying issue would be appreciated. 

regards

7 REPLIES 7

csis
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I think Fido should let users setup their voice mail so that if we are using our own cell phones, we should not be asked to enter our own password.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the feedback @csis

This is currently a possibility with our value packs which includes the Voicemail to Text option or the Visual Voicemail to iPhone Smiley

@FidoAlyson I have to disagree that's a totally different feature from what @csis wants.

@csis to accomplish what you want you can do as @Anonymous suggested edit the voicemail number and put a pause then your pin and then you will not have to enter your pin every time, when I had VM that's how I did it.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Kahuna1,

Welcome to the community!

That's the default greeting everyone gets when they dial their voicemail, before they system recognise your number then ask for your password. If it does not recognise your phone number it will ask you to enter your phone number then your password. 

It is neither annoying or nonsensical.

Kahuna1

How about "Welcome to ur fido voicemail" Please enter ur password followed by the # key. 

Better yet..Since its a national carrier and the system has been pre setup for my phone & number. 

Possibly it could auto detect my caller ID and simply as for my password after all I am calling MY voicemail. At least that the way Rogers has handled my previous voice mail accounts for the last 20 years.  

Hey @Kahuna1

As KAPABLE-K mentioned this is indeed the default greeting for when you connect to your voicemail. That being said, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about this and I'll go ahead and forward it to the right people. Smiley 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is indeed the correct default greeting for the type of Comverse voicemail box your account is provisioned onto, of course there are voice mail boxes with extra features such as ones which will bypass your password if calling from your phone, but if you understand how voicemail services are provisioned and how licences work, extra features in your voicemail means the carrier has to pay for different licences and most carriers increase the cost of these services to their customers, since Rogers is a premium brand, it makes sense for them to offer premium services but Fido is known as the discount carrier, sister company of Rogers, they are well within their rights to NOT want to offer additional voicemail features beyond the default one from Comverse (The voicemail provider).  

You can also store your voicemail number with a few pauses and the password so when you press and hold the 1 key it will dial your password for you if you really really don't like it asking you for it, if it realy realy bothers you.