cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail Show Phone #

Greenwood5660
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My vm does not show the number that left a message. How do I turn this on so the caller # shows? iPhone 11Pro.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@FidoVan what notification are you referring to? The little cassette voicemail icon?

I have an Android phone and I get the voicemail icon and I also get a text notification from the number that called saying (Voicemail 1 New 0 Urgent) and I have the default voicemail that comes with all plans.

@Greenwood5660 when listening to the voicemail if you press 5 it should tell you the phone number (providing it was not a private caller) and time

FidoVan

Hi there @Greenwood5660!

Are you referring to the SMS we send you after someone leaves you a voicemail or to your system's notification?

The SMS notification we send does not contain the number of ther person who called you. It's not a visual voicemail so the little indicator for a voicemail will not pop up as you need to call in and listen to the messages.

If you want to benefit from the visual voicemail feature that your iPhone offers, we do offer an option for that like @Cawtau mentionned it! You can add our $7 value pack and enhance your plan! The value pack will give you:

- Name Display

- Up to 35 voice messages, each up to 5 minutes in length that can be saved up to 10 days.

- Premium Voicemail; Choice of either iPhone Visual Voicemail or voicemail-to-text

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (detailed rates can be found here)

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

If you'd like us to add this option for you, you know where to find us!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Greenwood5660,

Welcome to the community!

What voicemail service to you have? The mini voicemail provides up to 3 messages. I believe that service sends a text message notification when a voicemail is received. I don't believe the phone number of the caller will show in that notification.

Fido also offers a Premium Voicemail-to-text add-on or Visual Voicemail add-on for iOS (see here). I believe both those services provide the phone number of the caller in the notification. If you would like the standalone Visual Voicemail add-on, you would need to contact customer service.  Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

There also used to be a way to get the phone number when listening to the voicemail. However, I'm not sure whether that option is still available with the new voicemail system. If you're interested, you might consider listening to the options following the message to see if it is still available.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers