cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed customer. Got a great offer by phone but it was a lie.

ymlccc
I'm a contributor level 1

Feel free to check my account or reach out to me.

i was offered $10 buck off per month when renewing last Thursday through phone on $35/mo with 2gb data, if i finance a phone. I aint got much so i only picked up something i can afford a CPO S10 for $15 a month. The agent was so nice and went even further to apply $2 off/mo on the device financing. WOW, it was like a Christmas in August last Thursday and boy that's the only good thing happened during the past 5 months in pandemic. 

I got the phone yesterday (17th), and also my first bill, instead of $10 credit, i only see $5. I called Fido immediately, the agent informed me total i need to pay is $51 bucks instead of $43 bucks after taxes. Sure it didn't sound a lot but hey that's $8x24 =$192 over 2 years. She was nice on the phone and got me transfered to a manager since she couldnt do antyhing. Then the manager was nice too but nothing can be done, or cancel whole thing is my option.

Guys, as a loyral Fido customer for pretty much more than 10 years (over two different accounts), this was how I was treated. The verbally gave me a great deal for keeping me, but at the end of the day, it is all lie (or mistake they said). Why should a customer wasting their time by talking to them and go through all these hassles from the first place? I was asking the manager that i would like to talk to the agent who offered me the deal but i got refused because she couldn't possible know this guy. I mean, come on, how is this even possible that a deal went through tin the system and no one knows who placed the order on my account? There must be a employee ID or name stamps on my order, isn't it? 

Very disappointed indeed and frustrated...

Terry

8 REPLIES 8

HOsman
I'm a participant level 2

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I was provided by a retention employee of Fido. I decided to upgrade my cellphone but I wanted my monthly fees to stay somewhat the same (58$) and keep the same amount of mo and that's exactly what I told the retention employee that did my upgrade. He told me that I'd get 20$ off, keep the same amount of mo/month (which is 20 btw) but when I got my bill it was acompletely different from what we had agreed upon. He also told me that he would wave my activation fees and that it would appear on my contract  but that it would be removed from my first bill. Overall horrible experience. Conveniently no cne could do anything about it when I called. I would never recommend this provider to anyone EVER!!! They scam people into taking plans only to turn around and charge them ridiculous amounts of money.

Hey @HOsman,

That's definitely not the type of experience we want for our customers. We'll be happy to take a look at your account with you.

You can reach out to us through any of our customer service channels to get started!  

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community.

Let us know what works best for you. ðŸ˜€

HOsman

Hi,

id like to be sent a PM because I've already tried to speak to customer service and was extremely disappointed with the way they handled things.

Hey @HOsman

There's a PM coming your way. Speak to you soon. 

ymlccc

So no one is responsible or care at fido related to my issue... ?

Hey @ymlccc Smiley

We always aim to provide honest and transparent service, so we do apologize for any mistake made during the offer.

That being said, we can definitely look further into this, but we'll need access to your account to view the details.

You can reach out to us through any of our customer service channels to get started!  

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community.

Let us know what works best for you.  

ymlccc

Thanks @FidoValerie . please feel free to  pm me.

You have my authorization to access my account details and feel free to listen to the recording between me and Matthew  on 2020-AUG-13 . thank you. 

Hey @ymlccc

I'll send you a PM right away so we can further check this out together.