How to block a phone number?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Since acquisition of my new phone with Fido (since May 21, 2012), i started to receive calls from 1-877-866-9930.  They hang-up as soon as I answer and once it shipped me ``on hold``!  I believe it could be a spam call, therefore I wish to block their number from my IPhone 4S.  How can I do so?  Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Re: How to block a phone number?

Fido does not offer call blocking. I recommend registering your mobile number with the National Do No Call List which can be found at https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/. Once listed, if they call you again you can report them to the Government of Canada. Granted you have no previous ties to the company calling. For example, if you left Bell to sign up with Fido, Bell is exempt from this service because you have a past relationship with them and they are allowed to phone you still. In addition, you might have to change your phone number or just ignore them when you see their caller ID. Indeed, I also wish Fido offered call barring.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 33
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3
Solution

Fido does not offer call blocking. I recommend registering your mobile number with the National Do No Call List which can be found at https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/. Once listed, if they call you again you can report them to the Government of Canada. Granted you have no previous ties to the company calling. For example, if you left Bell to sign up with Fido, Bell is exempt from this service because you have a past relationship with them and they are allowed to phone you still. In addition, you might have to change your phone number or just ignore them when you see their caller ID. Indeed, I also wish Fido offered call barring.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 33
Highlighted

I am receiving calls from a 63 915 938 9031 number... they calls every hour on the hour between 12am-6m and then again at noon and 6pm. How can I block this number? it is registered as a philippines number. I don't want to change my number at all  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 33
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Well, maybe Fido should darned well consider adding it!

I have NEVER had so much spam texts and robot calls being on Fido.

I had one in a blue moon on Rogers.

My Wife and my mom are on Bell and they get none.

My friends are on Telus and they get none.

Is there some inside leak or something?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 33
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

@pberry wrote:

You can block it easily.

Go on the App Store and download the Fido My account app, just search for the keyword 'FIDO'

Then download the first one 'Fido My Account'

when you're done downloading and installing it, open the App and go to the 'Services Section' and chose the iphone special pack ( or whatever its called ) and there it should be pretty much common sense you will see block number option and then you know what to do Tongue

You're welcome and have a nice day.

incorrect. That only allows you to access ETM, which does allow you to block texts but not calls. OP was asking about calls.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 33
Highlighted

I'm getting the same number a couple of times a day. And no answer on the other end. Driving me crazy. Any solutions?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 33
Highlighted

Hi, I am just wondering if you still receive calls from the number because I receive calls from this number too. Exactly the number you received. It's bugging me. I started my new phone with Fido early this year & this incident just occur a few days ago. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 33
Highlighted

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 33
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Khalsasikh!

Your message is empty. Did you have any question?

Please note that nick67's answer is accurate and that the only other option at this time is to have your phone number changed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 33
Highlighted

Why exactly does Fido not offer this service? How is this possible? This company has been around for over a decade.

Will this be possible soon?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 33