Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very High phone bill for daytime minutes

JenL29
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Customer Service,

I'm writing this as a desperate move. I recently joined an internship program. As in the current working environment my work was remote so all of my overage minutes were from my colleagues who called me assuming I had unlimited minutes like them. Since I've been a customer at Fido, I've never exceeded my bill plan and I've always paid my bills on time. So I didn't realize that I had exceeded my minutes. This is the first time due to the remote working conditions that I exceeded my bills. I have some medical procedures planned for the year, and since I'm a recent grad I can really not afford this high a bill ($1,400). I'm willing to pay off my phone and change my plan to unlimited if it means that you can do something about this. When I spoke to your customer service rep, I was told that since the charges were on valid minutes there was nothing he could do other than payment in installments. While I understand this, I'm not in a position to pay off this high a bill, even in installments. I'm hoping that your team could work in reducing this bill to an affordable amount. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JenL29,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received that unexpectedly high bill amount. I understand your situation. Unfortunately, if the calls are on the system with your current plan, there isn't anything customer service would be able to do to off-set those charges. Changing to a new plan now with unlimited calling would not alter your call allotment that bill. Those calls would still be considered overage usage.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill is even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you would need to consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

You might also consider other resources: Coronovirus Financial Help, Managing Financial Health in Challenging Times, etc.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers