cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using rebtel

Anmol_2
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,  i am using rebtel for international calling for an year now. But m getting charged for those calls by fido from last three months. There was no such problem earlier.

Can anyone using rebtel tell me if i need to change any settings or something ?

Its not like earlier i was calling between 5-7 or just weekends. The timings are all same .

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Anmol_2!

Did Cawtau's post help you out? 

The Community would love to know! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anmol_2,

Welcome to the community!

@Anmol_2 wrote:...But m getting charged for those calls by fido from last three months. ...

Could you please clarify what you mean by that statement? Are you getting charged for using Airtime minutes or for long-distance?

If you're referring to Airtime minutes, I believe it could be normal. Rebtel is different from other calling apps in that they connect international calls via local numbers (see here). Since the calls are via local numbers, they are considered local calls and therefore would count against any allotted minutes -- unless made during unlimited evenings and weekends. (I assume you have a plan with limited minutes since you mentioned evenings and weekends...).

If you previously were calling outside of evenings and weekends, it's possible your app settings were set to call from a Wifi connection (or mobile data, available) (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers