cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using friend's credit card to refill

georgegic
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am a pay as you go customer. I would like to use a friends credit card to top up. The system does not allow this. It is late Saturday and Fido customer service is closed. Poor web design Sad

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoFaiza

Hi 

Wufai is right! For security reasons, the names must match. 

Here's the link with the various refill methods we offer: http://bit.ly/1D2T4Sz.

Let me know if you have any questions Smiley

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Lol. I know I'm right (most of the time). but I think Cawtau should take the credit for this one!

Cheers!

Oh myyy!!! I totally meant to say, "Cawtau is right". 

Sorry Cawtau, and thanks Wufai for catching my slip up Smiley

Cheers!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@georgegic wrote:

I am a pay as you go customer. I would like to use a friends credit card to top up. The system does not allow this. It is late Saturday and Fido customer service is closed. Poor web design Sad

Hello Georgeic,

I understand that you feel let-down by Fido's website. However, I don't imagine very many online services/merchants allowing the use of a friend's credit card for purchases/services. How could they verify that the person whose card you have is indeed your friend? Assuming you do have your friend's credit card, how can they verify that your friend authorises you to use it? If he does, is he doing it under duress? I'm not implying that you wouldn't have your friend's voluntary permission to use it, but it brings up some potentially serious credit security issues.

Cheers