Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SIM card

Palalala
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I have a prepaid account and just purchased a new phone, however the new phone uses a smaller nano SIM card and my existig phone uses a Micro SIM. Is there a way FIdo can help me transfer my account to a newer smaller SIM? I already have the new nano SIM that came with the phone which I ordered it via my postpaid account.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Palalala,

Have you had a chance to view the SIM card from your existing phone? As far as I am aware, Fido has been using Tri-SIMs or multi-sized SIMs for a while now (see image here). If your existing phone uses that type of SIM, you might be able to simply remove the portion, altering it to the proper nano size.

On the other hand, if your existing SIM card is of the single-sized type, you would need to update the SIM card. Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to update the SIM card for a pre-paid account online. As far as I am aware, it needs to be done in-store (see here).

That said, Fido has upgraded its Manage SIM Card option for post-paid account users (via My Account). I'm not sure whether Fido has re-instated access to My Account for pre-paid accounts.  You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services.  If you would like to verify whether pre-paid accounts have access to My Account, you would need to contact customer service. If not, they might be able to update the SIM card information for you. While they can also be contacted via Facebook, or Twitter, you would likely need to contact their dedicated pre-paid accounts line.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Palalala , you may be able to change switch your Sim yourself through the fido app or online.  See Here to learn how to switch/ change the Sim card