cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry and Complaint Regarding Automatic Payment System and Late Payment Charges

wickedcode
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and seek clarification regarding an issue I have been facing with your automatic payment system. My account is set up with a linked credit card for automatic payments, intending to streamline my bill payments and avoid any late charges.

However, I have noticed a recurring issue where the automatic deduction from my account consistently occurs after the designated billing date. This delay has resulted in me being unfairly charged with late payment fees every billing cycle. The persistent nature of this problem leads me to question the efficiency and reliability of your automatic payment system.

I seek an urgent explanation from your team: Is this delay an intentional setup to incur additional charges from customers? Such a practice, if intentional, is not only unethical but also damages the trust and relationship between FIDO and its customers.

I request a prompt and satisfactory response to this inquiry. Please provide a clear explanation and a solution to rectify this issue. Failure to resolve this matter satisfactorily will compel me to escalate this complaint to the appropriate regulatory authorities in Canada.

I hope for a swift and positive response that will help continue our customer relationship on better terms.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Wickedcode,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Firstly, you should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts so we would not be able to address your specific matter.

That said, I don't think what you're experiencing is intentional. Your billing cycle is determined when you activated your services and does not change, even if you change your services. The payment due date is now 21 days after the bill date (see here).  As far as I am aware, your credit card would be charged approximately 14 days after the monthly bill is issued (see here and here). There should be an approximate 7 day leeway between when payment is taken and when it is actually due.

Do you have different services with Fido? If you do, is it possible the billing cycles are not the same and there are different payment due dates for the various services?... Unfortunately, we would not know the details of your situation.

As mentioned, the forums are not intended as customer service, if you would like to address your matter, you would need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers