cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited evening and weekend minutes evenings from 5pm

ramin99
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, I'd upgraded my plan a while ago and couldn't remember all features added later. Today I checked details of my account and noticed "Unlimited CanadaWide Evening and Weekend Minutes (Evenings from 5pm)" among features. Just to double-check, does the "CanadaWide" part apply to both incoming and outgoing calls during evenings or weekends? Or does it apply only to incoming calls and if I dial a number,say, in Toronto or Montreal I'll get charged for long distance call? 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey ramin99!

Welcome to the Community! 

That's right, your Unlimited Canada-wide Evening and Weekend Minutes (Evenings from 5pm) applies to both your incoming and outgoing calls meaning there would be no long distance charges for calls received while in Canada or placed to a Canadian number. 

Most of our plans come with Canada-wide calling for all the airtime that comes with the plan, meaning weekday minutes would be covered as well. Is this also the case for your plan? In that situation, the same thing would apply, however, there would be a possibility of incurring overage charges if you go over your weekday minutes. 

ramin99

Now I don't understand this! The new monthly bill arrived and despite what you explained I was charged 27.86 bucks extra as long distance charges for calls I made to Montreal, after being ensured here that I'd not get charged!
I've taken snapshots of my plan plus the explanation for extra charges here for your review. I trust one of you Fido guys can explain this contradicton

Hey @ramin99 ,

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at the charges Smiley 

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Scooby-Doo wee Yes it does Smiley

No charge no long distance Canada wide anywhere in Canada

thats A n  y o n e  in the border this red white side!

Further to know is if you don't make the call (incoming call) the long distance  would be to the calling party if any fees. But yeah your time,, in minutes is not running during that period. 

Enjoy!!! Cheers!