but did not receive any SMS so now still using Bell

now almost 24 hrs

how long does it take?

4 REPLIES 4

tommyyy
I'm a participant level 2

No, I don't think so.

I reached the Fido staff, she said it was Bell's problem. Advised me to ask Bell to release my number.

I called Bell, staff said not their problem definitely. It's Fido's problem.

Hey @tommyyy,

To port-in your Bell number to Fido, you need to have your Bell account to be active. Don’t cancel your current service or remove your SIM card. The phone number you’re transferring to Fido must be active to complete your transfer. Your existing service gets cancelled automatically when the transfer is finished. Only active mobile, landline or fax numbers are transferable. 

It's important to know that once we send the transfer request, you’ll get a text message on the number you want to transfer, meaning on your Bell SIM card, to your Bell number. You'll have 90 minutes to reply to the text to complete your transfer. If you don’t do this, your request will be cancelled. You’ll need to restart the process again to transfer your number.

If you didn't receive a SMS on your Bell number after we sent the transfer request properly, you would need to reach out to Bell. 

That being said, please contact us and we'll investigate once again. 

tommyyy

To port-in your Bell number to Fido, you need to have your Bell account to be active. Don’t cancel your current service or remove your SIM card. The phone number you’re transferring to Fido must be active to complete your transfer. Your existing service gets cancelled automatically when the transfer is finished. Only active mobile, landline or fax numbers are transferable. 

SURE I am HAVING my Bell account active, also using the Bell sim card, with the mobile number.

It's important to know that once we send the transfer request, you’ll get a text message on the number you want to transfer, meaning on your Bell SIM card, to your Bell number. You'll have 90 minutes to reply to the text to complete your transfer. If you don’t do this, your request will be cancelled. You’ll need to restart the process again to transfer your number.

That why i am here as i DIDN'T receive the text message. So the 90 mins reply cannot be applied to me as I didn't receive anything. 

If you didn't receive a SMS on your Bell number after we sent the transfer request properly, you would need to reach out to Bell. 

That being said, please contact us and we'll investigate once again. 

As i mentioned, I CONTACTED Fido staff, she said it was Bell's problem. Advised me to ask Bell to release my number. I CALLED Bell, staff said not their problem definitely. It's Fido's problem.

Here is the investigation result. 

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @tommyyy,

Welcome to the community! 

Was your Bell SIM card in a device in case your needed to receive and authorize the transfer by SMS? 

You're welcome to reach out over these methods if you need help with anything.