cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble roaming in England

snorlax141
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

My wife is roaming in England and when she landed she received a text that states Fido Roam is not available at her destination and that she will be charged pay per use rates.  I chatted with fido customer service and they say some locations in England are not included in Fido Roam.  Can you give a list of those not included locations?  There is no such list shown on any fido page and no warning that such places even exist in England.  The UK is simply listed as an eligible Fido Roam destination.

6 REPLIES 6

snorlax141
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Any further info on this issue.  I responded 2 days ago but so far no update.  Thanks.

We verified on our end and any city in the UK should be covered with Fido Roam. 

If anything shows otherwise on your invoice, please contact us through our official servicing channels here.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the response and reassureance  My bill is usually available on the 7th of the month. I will use those channels if I need to follow up. Thanks again.

It's our pleasure! Smiley

snorlax141
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

She got the notice when she landed at Heathrow airport in London.   She remained in London and Romford (a London suburb)  during her 7 day stay..  Last April she travelled to the same places with the same phone and was able to use Fido Roam. The only things that changed from that trip to this was her plan went from 12 gigs per month to 20 gigs (both with Fido Roam) and my employee discount changed because I retired.  Neither of these changes should have effected her ability to use Fido Roam in London.  Please advise.  Thank you.

FidoLony

Hey @snorlax141

We can definitely look into this. 

To clarify, can you confirm where in the UK your wife was?