cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too high mobile bill

Anuj31agarwal
I'm a participant level 2

I recently moved from USA to canada. In USA I used to join my companies(citi bank) conference call through a toll free number.

In canada also I used same number but it charged me heavily and i got a bill of CAD 825.

I was not aware that its a chargeable call as no alert or notification was provided.

My monthly plan is of CAD 48.

Relocating from US to Canada, this was my first experience with cellular services and I must say it is terrible. I am severely disappointed with Fido and until the bill is getting adjusted I really can't get a peace of my mind. I am planning to shift to a new service provider to avoid this horrible experience ever.

Please provide a solution as i cannot afford to pay such high amount.

9 REPLIES 9

ugli56
I'm a participant level 1

Recently I have recieved bills above 100 dollars because I am outside Canada, and I try to check online to see exactly why I am paying that much, but the billing details are so vague, and I can not see the amount of each charge.

Hello Ugli56,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges on your bill. Have you had a chance to view the billing details? You can do so via My Account --> View & Manage bill (or Billing & Payments). From there, you should be able to Print or Save a PDF copy of your bill. You should also be able to view any additional charges under Other charges and credits.

If you are currently outside of Canada, it's possible those additional charges relate to roaming. You can view some frequently asked questions regarding Fido Roam.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anuj31agarwal,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you received that awful surprise on your bill. Have you had a chance to view the billing details for what incurred the additional costs?

Firstly, what plan do you have? Does it have a limited or unlimited calling? You should note that if you have limited calling minutes, all calls go against any minute allocations -- even toll-free calls. If you went over your call minute limit, you would be charged for additional minutes.

Secondly, it's important to note that not all US toll-free phone numbers are free to call in Canada. While it's generally free for people to call toll-free numbers, the businesses who own the numbers pay for its usage. Many businesses would opt to allow their toll-free numbers to be free of charge in North America. It just makes sense from a customer service standpoint. However, when it comes to toll-free access to join a conference call, businesses might not opt to accept those charges from outside their usual Country. 

You should also note that if the charges were for long-distance calling that number, it's likely it would also be considered long-distance with the other providers. If the conference calls are necessary for your work, you might consider asking your company whether they'll reimburse you for the calls. You could also ask them if they can make the number free to call from outside the US. Perhaps they have a different toll-free number to call from Canada.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Robin_saran67

My plan is of 33.70 but my bill is coming near about 100 dollars this is stupid thing i m Fedup now 

Hey @Robin_saran67, welcome to the community!

We know it's not pleasant when your invoice is higher than usual. 

Did you get a chance to take a look at your PDF bill for the details of the charges? You can find the steps to view your bill here.

If you were charged for over usage not included in your plan, I would suggest revising your plan and options to make sure they still fit your usage need. Check out your fido.ca account for any special offers that might be available for you.

If you'd like us to revise the bill and options with you, you can reach out to us through one of those channels or we can send you a PM on the community. Let us know.

Anuj31agarwal

Canada calling is unlimited with 1000 international minutes. 

What options do I have now for such high mobile bill to pay?

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Since you have unlimited Canada-wide minutes, you shouldn't have required additional minutes for your conference call. It's likely your additional charges were for long-distance. You should note that those 1000 International minutes are only to certain Countries. Unfortunately, the US is not one of them. You can view the included Countries here. If you do require to call the US on a regular basis, Fido does have an unlimited US calling add-on available. You can view the add-ons here.

Have you inquired with your work whether they would reimburse you for the charges?

If you would like to discuss your options, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. They should also be able to put you in touch with the proper department to arrange a payment plan.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Anuj31agarwal

Can a add-on(unlimited us calling or low rate calling) or any promotional plan be added to my current high bill so that it can get low or atleast some amount will get adjusted.

Hello again,

You would need to contact customer services (as above) to see whether what you suggest is possible or not.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers