Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telemarketing call?

kimberlyhou
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

63 REPLIES 63

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @NB6

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn you haven't received your callback.  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look into this together.

Talk to you soon!

ssaini1
I'm a participant level 2

Hi ,

i just got a call from this number and i am intrested in the offer. trying to calling to number but not able to reach them. Can u arrange a call back again today. thanks

Hey @ssaini1

Welcome to the Community!

Sure thing, we'll send you a PM and we'll check this out.

Talk to you soon Smiley

MissLissa83

I received a call from this number. The offer she gave me made me renew my contracts with Fido and order new phones, plus add another line. After the call I had a question so I called 611 and the rep said she has no idea who called me, there were no notes and those offered don’t exist.  So now I have no idea if I’ve upgraded my phones, who called me and apparently FIDO doesn’t either.  Frustrating to say the least. 

Hey @MissLissa83

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

That's definitely not the kind of experience we want you to have. We will be happy to take a look at your account and see what happened there. 

I'll send you a PM here in just a moment. Chat soon! 

MissLissa83

The number is indeed FIDO and they have confirmed the great deals I was offered.  Thanks for your help!

Anytime @MissLissa83

Tungx2

Yep, I got a call from this number just now.

There's background noise on the other side and i said hello. The other side hung up the phone within 2 secs.

It's obvious that the Reps from Fido are trying to bring the time per call down by hanging up without speaking to the customer. This helps their stats and they get better "performance" per call... Because their average call time per client is lowered...

Sneaky reps.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Tungx2

Welcome to the community :),

I assure that's not the kind of service we aim to provide. We'd also like to have a closer look at it with you , so I'll be sending a PM your way.

Talk to you soon!

FidoKenny

Hey @HkPolarBear and thanks for reaching out.

I can definitely see the trouble this can bring you.

I confirmed the number and it's from us.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon Smiley

BeeMac

Another complaint. Calls from the "Marketing and Promotions"  department; in this case it's the "Iritation, Aggravation, and Ignorance department".

Your moronic calls that hang up automatically will start, (if it hasn't already) to cost you customers.

I have my phone for family and important calls that will not wait til after regular business hours. I do not appreciate getting calls were one answers and the "caller" hangs up with out saying a word. This happens too often with out having ones' provider doing it to them too. This is on a daily basis.

There isn't any excuse for this level of ignorance that's created by a lack of knowledge in programming the system.

The solution is simple... Take it off line until you have properly tested it and gotten the bugs out. That's one of the first things you learn in program design and implementation. It's too bad no one wants to take the time to do it. Why do you insist on punishing your customers?

Hey BeeMac!

I moved your post here since there is already a thread about this topic.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing unpleasant calls with our marketing department. You may subscribe to our internal "Do Not Call" list, simply get in touch with our customer care.

We can also send you a message on here if you prefer! Keep us posted. Smiley 

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

You might have gotten a caller who is pretending to be from Fido.  Being said, getting angry here will not help you at all.

Just stop answering phone calls from strange numbers or numbers you are unsure.  Simple as that.

mtljcmc

I am on "National Do Not Call List" and Fido Telemarketing still calls me several times a week!!!!

@mtljcmc wrote:

I am on "National Do Not Call List" and Fido Telemarketing still calls me several times a week!!!!

Hello Mtljcmc,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming you are a Fido customer, the National Do Not Call list does not apply because you have an existing business relationship with Fido (see here). If you would like to have Fido's telemarketing stop, you would have to contact customer service and request to be placed on their internal Do Not Call list. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to a moderator to make the request.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

jkher
I have received six calls this week from this number - all hung up. This is very annoying. Obviously, this is an unresolved issue that has been going on for years. This hardly engenders confidence in a company that is essentially a technology provider.

Hey @jkher and thanks for reaching out.

We can remove you from the marketing list so you won't receive those calls anymore.

To do so, you will need to talk to one of our representatives. You can reach us through our channels here.

We can send you a PM here on the Community as well.

Let us know what's best for you Smiley

***Edited to correct information****

jkher

It the number that this whole thread is about... 1-844-277-6920.  I have no voicemails from that number, and if I pick up the call there is no one on the line, then the call terminates.

Hi @jkher,

Let me send you a PM to check it out.

Kelly1483
I want them to stop calling but I'm not wasting my time calling customer service to get taken off the list. It's incredibly frustrating as they call upwards of 4 times a day and always when I'm in work.

Hey @Kelly1483

If you'd like us to help sort this out for you we'll be more than happy to send you a PM! 

Let us know Smiley